We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare to Vegas

Kentucky
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Airfare to Vegas

Ok I just found cheap plane tix for my trip on Priceline and Expedia. Airfare is about to take me down! My question... Does it matter if we fly down with one airline and back with another? Like we will fly down with Delta and back with Continental. Sorry if this doesnt make sense. I've never flown before and know nothing about flying!

Thank u in advance

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
213 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare to Vegas

You are welcome to take different airlines to and from Las Vegas McCarran International Airport.

Welcome to Las Vegas.

Richmond, Canada
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare to Vegas

I'm also not a frequent flyer, but usually when you book a flight it is cheaper to get a return ticket rather than one way.But if you are going through expedia or the like, you are able to compare the prices.Have you looked on Allegiant Air?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,713 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare to Vegas

You also might want to check Southwest if Louisville is convenient. You will not find them on Expedia or Priceline.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare to Vegas

I have done this many times. US airlines seem to base their prices on one-way travel within the US. So as a result one airline can have a sale on a certain direction and another on the return trip. No problems booking separately. Also you might save a bit if you book directly through each airline's website.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare to Vegas

Louisville is more like 2 hrs. away and as of now not cheaper. We would drive to Louisville if we found a really good deal but with gas and stuff its gonna cost more so far.

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airfare to Vegas

Hi AKYGirl. I booked through expedia last year because it was too good to pass up 135.00 RT.... it was not nontop. ( change of plans each way) I flew Northwest out and Continental back. NWA, Continental and Delta have "codeshare" agreements.

When booking the flight, on expedia I could pick my seats going out through them but I couldn't with Continenta for the trip back at the time of booking. After everything went through and I got an official Itnerary from expedia I was able to go onto Continental website and pick my seats. It was easy painless and everything worked out perfectly.

Good luck to you!

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airfare to Vegas

PS, are you flying out of CVG, if Dayton is not that far check that out. We lived 10 minutes from CVG and never flew out of there to Vegas, always did Indy, Louisville or Columbus even driving it was a better deal!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,248 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airfare to Vegas

Often times I fly 2 different airlines one there and one back to wherever Im going. In many cases Its no longer true (it used to be true all of the time) that a RT ticket is less than 2 one way tickets as someone mentioned above.

NJ
Level Contributor
562 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airfare to Vegas

Try kayak.com

They poll all the main sites like expedia, travelocity, priceline and individual airline sites to quote the current best price.

IHF
Rockford, IL
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Airfare to Vegas

I find that flying to Vegas is the only time that I find better deals on one way flights then round trip. As stated before it seems that the airlines price Vegas that way. Another great site to look at for one stop pricing on flights is kayak dot com. They price more airlines then the sites previously mentioned however there are still some discount airlines like Allegiant that I have not found on any site other then their own.