We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too soon to book SW for July?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Too soon to book SW for July?

Price just went up about $50 since I checked last week on the flights I want for July.

Not sure what to do....

Also, I am taking my niece with me. If we can get a credit because the price goes down, can I use her credit toward a future flight? I know I will fly again to LV, but not sure if she will use it, so it would be wasted. Never flew SW before.

Thanks.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too soon to book SW for July?

The credit goes to the person who bought the ticket and can be easily transferred. It isn't restricted to the name on the ticket.

CT
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too soon to book SW for July?

Oh, thank you! That is good to know.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
310 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too soon to book SW for July?

As previous poster noted, anyone can use the credit. You do only have a year from the date of purchase to use it though.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too soon to book SW for July?

I was in your situation, missed cheap flights, and then lucked out and got a deal on Southwest (It was only a short sale). Since, the prices of the tickets have gone sky high. Just to give you an idea, I booked my hotel for March, October 15th, two weeks later, I was ready to book the airfare, and it went up one day without warning, and I finally booked my airfare December 12th. I'm glad I booked when I did, but I wish I had booked in October and wouldn't have had to sweat it out.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too soon to book SW for July?

And to further clarify, "use it within one year" means *fly* within one year, not make a reservation.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too soon to book SW for July?

Well surprise that!!!!! After they published their DING fares yesterday (ours from Kansas City to Vegas was ONLY $96 each way which is almost double the amount we were getting for DING fares), today the regular published fares for the 3 dates we are thinking about have ALL dropped (some as much as $20 each way)!!!!

I am onto your little game Southwest and am biding my time until you publish a REASONABLE DING (or regular) FARE!!! If I had certain dates or trips I had to take it would be one thing, but I don't so patience comes to those who wait ;)

Edited: 29 January 2010, 15:57
7. Re: Too soon to book SW for July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 05:19