We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

I currently have 6 nights booked in March (2 at Encore, 4 at Palazzo) for my first solo trip. I'm a female in my mid 20's and I've been to Vegas twice before. Is this too long for a solo trip? Everyone thinks I'm crazy to be going alone at all, but I'm very comfortable with the idea and actually looking forward to it. Thanks for any input.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

No, I do 6 day solo trips. I'm going for 7 this year.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

It depends on why you're there and what you're going to do. If you are there to party late into the night every day you might easily get burned out. If you are there to play slot machines 12 hours a day you probably won't be able to afford it.

But if you are there to rest and vacation, take things slowly and in moderation 6 nights will be find.

Innisfil
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

Hi Dani!

I'm female too early 40's and everyone says I'm crazy for going solo end of Feb. I'm booked for 5 nights and can't wait! Time will fly by I'm sure but I doubt you'll be thinking it was too long! LOL

I'm sure going to try and keep myself busy, and if I do start to miss my family, I'll just have to remind myself that vacations are short and I'm in Vegas!

enuff said.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

Nope. I (female)have been on solo trips longer than that. I prefer going alone- they are my only TOTALLY ME, ME, ME trips I take during the year. Being alone or not has nothing to do with it. You are going to be doing (or should be doing) everything you would do even if you were with others. In fact- even more since you don't have to compromise on anything.

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

dont know if you play poker or not?

found out that if you play the daily poker tournaments[ texas hold-um] or some during your trip,the days will go by so fast you will never ever get bored!!!!

BURLINGTON ONT
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

i just finished my first 5 day solo trip

\\\\found that I didn't have enough time to do downtown or south end of strip \

But I was tired of gambling after 5 days

NY, NY
Level Contributor
239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

Agree with Canuck Rick that I was a bit tired of gambling at the end of my solo trip. And I had gone through most of my money.

At the same time, and I only went Thurs-Mon, I wished I had stayed a day or two longer so that I could get in some real relaxation time. I felt like I had stuff planned for almost all of the time I was there.

So if you're a better budgeter than me, you should be fine.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,449 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

I usually find 4-5 days perfect for a solo trip, but 6 should be fine. I usually try to see 2 shows and/or concerts while I'm there, so you may want to see more. Solo trips are great for relaxing, but time still flies.

Vegas is a great solo destination, so don't listen to those people who say you're crazy. You'll have a great time!

Scotland
Level Contributor
280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

6 nights in March might be just about right as I would imagine it won't exactly be pool weather during the day and chilly at night for walking about.

I'm going solo for 16 nights in June and intend to spend the days by the pool and the nights enjoying the energy of the city, oh and maybe a wee bit of gambling.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
6,957 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is 6 nights too long for a solo trip?

I went for 5 nights by myself last year...I started missing the family and was happy to be heading home that last day but I could have done 6.....I'm sure I could have found "something" to do....haha