We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

am i likely to get comped for anything?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Topic
am i likely to get comped for anything?

it is my first trip to vegas from australia with my girlfriend and are staying at the mirage tower deluxe for a good rate and was wondering if it is likely that we will get comped for anything or if we should pay the whole amount because i would like to get the payment out of the way now, but if is likely i will get comped for something then i will wait...... we are 24 years of age and probably will only gamble twice out of the 6 nights we are there!

so is it wrth waiting to see if we get comped or can i just pay for the hotel in full now?

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,338 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: am i likely to get comped for anything?

It depends on how much you plan to gamble those two nights but I wouldn't count on it.

You could always pay for the room and then charge your meals to the room and if they comp any of those you will be covered.

I have always been able to charge any meals at any MGM-Mirage hotel to my room at another MGM-Mirage hotel. That may have changed or maybe I just hit the right restaurants.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: am i likely to get comped for anything?

If you are only gambling twice while you are there, it is unlikely you would get comped. It is a good idea to charge food to your room, as you may have comps for that. Your gaming will probably get you future offers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: am i likely to get comped for anything?

ok, so you think its ok to go ahead and pay for the room in total? plus i am staying at mandalay bay for 3 nights after the mirage so if i do get any comps can i just make it for mandalay bay if i pay for th mirage now before i go?

Ohio
Level Contributor
6,066 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: am i likely to get comped for anything?

Your last statement? just pay in advance. I would not pay in advance in case you need to cancel at the last minute.

as far as being comped, if you played slots and rang up 6000 points, you probably would get comped one night, 12000, two nights. at least thats what it took previously, it might have changed.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: am i likely to get comped for anything?

Without any clues about your bankroll it's impossible to predict the possibilty of comps. Also what do you intend gambling on? If it's table games how much per hand?

San Diego
Level Contributor
974 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: am i likely to get comped for anything?

You should pay in advance for your hotel rooms, they will not know how much you will be gambling when you book your room, or when you check in. Even if you are a high roller (between those two nights you'd be gambling) it's never wise to gamble just for the sake of being comped. That being said, you can try others' suggestions to dine at the hotel and charge it to the room, to see if they will take care of it. Depending on how much you gamble you might get that for free, but you may not. So I'd say don't force yourself to eat at the hotel restaurants when you don't want to. Sign up for their player's card regardless, and maybe you'll get future offers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: am i likely to get comped for anything?

ok... so we will be there in late may, have a budget of 1000 a night gambling give or take, winnings i will keep going, losing i will stop! i will playabit of tables and abit of slots, since mandalay bay is same company, if i do pay for mirage in advance and do get a comped night, can i use it at mandalay or only at mirage, would anyone recommened paying i advance? the only reason why i want to is to get it out of the way and focus on how much i have to spend. any help would be great, thank you in advance

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: am i likely to get comped for anything?

You can only get your room comped if you are paying the hotel directly. If you buy a package or make the reservation through a third party (expedia, hotels.com, etc.) there is no way your room will be comped. But as others have said, bill your meals to the room and see what happens.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,338 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: am i likely to get comped for anything?

Every hotel and every game is different. I don't think anyone will be able to tell you what you will need to spend. You need to play at least $25/hand at the tables to get rated.

Thinking about it now, I wouldn't pay for the hotel in advance. Just put the money somewhere else and don't think about it. If you are spending $2k to gamble I would think you could handle the money for the hotel room without having to pay it off in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
224 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: am i likely to get comped for anything?

i have booked through the hotel direcly. am i better off paying in advance? what are the pros and cons?