We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car but would like to use a limo...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
562 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a car but would like to use a limo...

Going in April as a first time trip for us as a "new" couple. It's his birthday and I'd like to surprise him with a limo upon arrival. However, I also HAVE to rent a car in LV - it's a must for me.

Have any of you done the limo thing upon arrival and also rented a car? I would imagine the limo will take you up the strip and then where? to the car rental facility? is it worth it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,005 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
347 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a car but would like to use a limo...

The limo will take you wherever you want it to. You're renting it by the hour; what you do with that hour is entirely your call.

Why do you HAVE to rent a car anyway?

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a car but would like to use a limo...

I just can't see doing the limo AND renting a car----the thought is nice but to me----what a waste of $$. Just my opinion!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
56,498 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a car but would like to use a limo...

You can always have the limo drop you at your hotel and rent a car there...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
562 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a car but would like to use a limo...

I've always rented a car because it's cheaper than cabbing it everywhere. Although I stay on the strip, I enjoy visiting places like Red Rock, Green Valley Ranch, downtown and in April, I hope to get to the M. I also like to eat at off-strip venues and it's always easier to just jump in the car. The cars I've rented are less than $20 a day which is cheaper than using a cab and it's at our disposal 24/7.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting a car but would like to use a limo...

gina

I understand completely. I can't imagine going to Vegas without renting a car- ever.

Only you can decide if reserving a limo would be worth the extra money. For me, no it wouldn't, but I am sure many would disagree with me- especially since this is a "special" occasion. Yes, it will take you to the airport rental facility, Vegas sign- or anywhere else you want to go in that hour.

6. Re: Renting a car but would like to use a limo...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 08:15