We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Room for My Budget

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
188 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Best Room for My Budget

My wife and I are making a stop in Vegas for a few days in August after attending a wedding. Our anniversary is in early August, so we decided that we would splurge a little on the trip. I have never been to Vegas and my wife hasn't been in several years, so I was hoping to get some opinions on the best room for ~$200/night and why you think it's the best for the money. Thanks!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,043 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,570 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Room for My Budget

What days of the week? Your hotel money goes much farther Sun-Thurs than Fri/Sat nights.

Sun-Thurs you can pretty much stay anywhere for $200/night, I'd suggest you start by checking out Wynn/Encore, Bellagio, Palazzo/Venetian or one of the nicer rooms at Caesars. These are all excellent resort hotels; the best hotel for _you_ depends on what kind of trip you're looking for; loud and party, quiet and sedate, all action all the time, etc.

Have a great trip!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Room for My Budget

That can cover basically every hotel in vegas. Check out smartervegas and look at some of the offers available to see what you can get. Then pick two or three to get opinions on.

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
188 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Room for My Budget

We are planning on going for a Sun-Thurs, so that's good to hear that the rates will be in our favor. We are predominantly the relax, lounge-by-the-pool, get-a-good-meal type. But, we also like the option of being where the action is (i.e., clubs, shows, etc.) also.

Ideally, we would like to get a room that is a step or two above the "standard room." The Wynn caught our eye initially, but we wanted to get some feedback from folks who had stayed at or seen multiple properties.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
15,771 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Room for My Budget

The Wynn would work. Often times the Wynn will send promos out to people that have stayed there. These folks are then given the opportunity to pass along their promo code to a friend so that the friend can stay at a discounted rate. Keep your eyes open for that. I know that folks have shared that code here on this forum.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Room for My Budget

We've stayed at both Venetian and Encore and I love them both. Either Venetian/Palazzo or Wynn/Encore resorts would be a great choice and within your price range since you're going Sun-Thurs.

In my opinion, Venetian/Palazzo probably offers more things to do, but Wynn/Encore is more elegant and quiet.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Room for My Budget

I would look at an Augustus Tower room at Caesars Palace if you want an upgraded room. $200/night probably only gets you a basic room at Wynn/Palazzo on a weekend.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Room for My Budget

I would recommend a lakeview room at the Bellagio or Wynn. Also, check the rates at TheHotel in MB.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,800 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Room for My Budget

Stratton: "We are planning on going for a Sun-Thurs, " $200 on those nights will put them anywhere they want unless there's a convention.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,536 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Room for My Budget

underpar--Stratton didn't say they couldn't get a room anywhere at that price, but that the would not likely get an upgraded room at that price. Generally an accurate statement. $200/nt won't get you much of an upgrade at most of Vegas' top end hotels, even during the week.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Room for My Budget

Fountain view at the Bellagio is hard to beat and doable on their budget.