We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Topic
Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

Hello everyone. I came here several weeks back asking for advice on my girlfriends first trip to Vegas. I was overwhelmed with many fantastic responses. I just wanna show those of you what I came up with and to thank you in advance for a trip that I cant stop thinking of that is a month away.

Friday March 12- Arrive from JFK at noon

-Check in to Venetian and lunch at Grand Lux Cafe

Were gonna walk the strip and have her see some sights and probably check out the Bellagio conservatory.

-At night, go for some early drinks at Mix @ thehotel, then head to N9NE for dinner and up to Ghostbar for some after dinner drinks.

Saturday March 13

-Tableau for breakfast. Then im thinking the Forum shops and some more sightseeing including the fountains.

-At night, early drinks at Parasol Up @ the Wynn. Got us some great tickets for the 7PM show of Le Reve ( thanks to post here at almost 40% off!!)..For dinner, taking the recommendation of others, were going to Alex..well probably wing it after and play some blackjack or even stop @ Tao for some drinks on the way back to our room.

Sunday March 14

-Taking another recommendation from others here, Bouchon for breakfast and then to the Encore spa for a massage.

-Some more gambling

-Dinner will be Cut @ the Palazzo and the part im looking forward to after dinner over to XS ( my favorite place in Vegas ).

Im looking to keep our trip nicely filled but not overly planned. I cant wait to go which is why I came here for advice. I wanna thank everyone who helped me out. I cant thank you enough..

Anyones feedback is always appreciated..I'll be sure to let everyone know how we made out..

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

Awesome itinerary, I think you have a perfect amount of planning/free time, and it looks to me like every choice you've made is a stellar one! Just you mentioning Alex makes me jealous, that place is my fav restaurant anywhere. Let us all know how everything works out, I'm sure it will be great.

SGF, MO
Level Contributor
7,269 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

NO, NO, NO!!! It's all wrong! Start again...from scratch!

Just kidding, sounds delightful. Enjoy!

NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

HAHA wonderful thanks!

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
88 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

This sounds like a wonderful trip. I think I will cut and paste this into an email for my Husband who is taking me to Vegas, (the first time for both of us)

Hope you have a wonderful time please tell us about it on your return

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

You should view your itinerary as a guide, not a requirement. I usually only end up doing half the stuff on my list, so much of the fun of Vegas is being spontaneous. It's good to have some ideas planned out as you have done, but don't feel you have to stick to it if you get inspired.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,279 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

I agree with Strat just go with the flow and have a great time.

McHenry, Illinois
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

Are you sure you can check in at the hotel at that time? Aren't you going to Freemont Street? That place can be very fun.

NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

Fantastic advice! Thank you!

I usually don't plan anything when I go with my friends and just do things as they come, but I figure since I'm coming with a girl this time, I'll plan somewhat.

Luckily I'm not overally anal about this stuff so here's hoping we hit big at the blackjack table for hours!!! Lol

NY
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

I thought about Freemont street. I've gone a few times and I know it's classic Vegas, but to be honest, I like the strip way better. Some people may think

I'm crazy, but I guess I like the modern more than the old.

I had a host book the suite @ the Venetian for us and he said that we can check in early or he'll have someone take care of our bags so that shouldn't be a problem.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Revised Trip after Everyones Feedback..Thanks!

Sounds great. I'd just add Parasol Down to see Lake of Dreams at floor level - odd show (and free) - not worth going out of your way to see but the frog is fun and I'm pleased I've seen it.