We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor VS Excalibur

Des Moines, IA
1 post
Save Topic
Luxor VS Excalibur

Myself and 3 other friends from work are planning a "girls trip to vegas" at the end of april. We have narrowed hotels down to luxor or excalibur.

This will be a 1st time trip for all 4 of us. I was wondering what your opinion is on both hotels and which one would be best for 4 women in their late 20's to just go enjoy and have fun.

Any opinions are welcome. Thanks!

Ellesmere Port...
Level Contributor
446 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxor VS Excalibur

IMO there is not much difference between the two. If you can get a widescreen room at Excalibur then go for that.

Also Excal is slightly closer to other areas like MGM/NY NY and City Centre but only by one hotel!

Both are not classed as "the best" hotels in Vegas but both are more than adequate for your needs.

Novi, Michigan
Level Contributor
855 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxor VS Excalibur

Luxor is way nicer. MGM is better yet. Check www.smartervegas.com , sign up for unlisted email specials, and target MGM, MonteCarlo, or Luxor, you can get great rates.

Excal is depressing, I hate to even walk through it. MGM is top notch. MonteCarlo is MGM lite, very nice and clean, and often a great bargain

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxor VS Excalibur

I don't even like going into Luxor. Being under that big, black pyramid gives me the creeps. Excalibur is for kiddies. If you want that end of the Strip, I would suggest NYNY or MGM for a "Girls From Work Party Trip".

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxor VS Excalibur

The widescreen rooms at Excalibur are actually quite nice. I quite like Luxor too, but make sure you get the tower not the pyramid. These are the newer rooms.

MGM would be worth a look too. Most people seem to prefer MGM. Haven't stayed there myself.

Edited: 10 February 2010, 13:49
Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxor VS Excalibur

Of the two, I think you would find the vibe at Luxor more suitable for your age group.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxor VS Excalibur

We've stayed at both but not recently...I like the location better of the Excal, but I agree with others comments that you should do a little more checking to see if there are other possibilities such as MGM that may offer a reasonable rate for your travel dates. Check the Fat Wallet and Smarter Vegas websites for special rate codes but read the details, because some special offers require you already be a players card member.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxor VS Excalibur

Luxor is much better for your group - clubs and bars instead of lots of kiddie-fun. Have a great trip, you'll love Vegas!

Planet Hollywood is pricier (although there are good deals around) and is more of a party hotel, plus it has a shopping mall.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxor VS Excalibur

I really think the Luxor is much better suited for your type of trip. We stayed in the Tower rooms and they're the most recently renovated (if by a few years) and more spacious. Don't know if it matters, but there are two valet areas to the Luxor one is on the tower side which make parking and getting in & out much easier. Also, Tower rooms are closer to the pool and spa. Excalibur is okay if you get the big plasma TV room but the rest of the hotel is dated and tacky when it comes to decor (IMO).

Enjoy the girls trip!

McHenry, Illinois
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxor VS Excalibur

I've always loved the Excalibur but I have to be honest - the last time I was there it was kind of uncomfortable. They have all these attractions for a family still and yet they have the Pleasure Pit or whatever they call that where the exotic dancers are on top of the poker tables. I don't mind that but they are right by the elevators and the little kids were very curious. It was uncomfortable. I really think you could get a better deal at maybe the MGM? The pools there are fun and that gives you a closer access to other clubs on the Strip.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxor VS Excalibur

of the 2 id say luxor. i know its a bit off the strip,but theres a tram that will drop you off at excal.

luxor should have a hipper more lively crowd for you ladies with less children running around.