We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

So I am leaving Friday (Feb 19th) for the 7th annual guys weekend and I am having real difficulty focusing on work. This morning I put together a nifty spreadsheet that calculates a countdown in hours, minutes, and seconds until each of us leaves, has our first group drink, and hits our first tee ball. Am I alone or do others find it hard to concentrate when you are getting close to the date? Of course most people reading this during the day are probably thinking about Vegas more than work :)

Edited: 17 February 2010, 17:12
N E Indiana
Level Contributor
339 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

We leave Monday and I am having a hard time staying focused. I work nights and should be in bed right now but I've been on the Vegas forums all morning. LOL! Have fun on your trip.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

If I don't concentrate, I will have 23 5/6 year olds running amok in the classroom. Someone is bound to notice-say, an administrator. Hmmm that really helps me keep my mind on my work. lol

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
461 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

I have over 60 days and I can't concentrate, so I feel your pain. Have a great trip.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

i dont leave till the end of march and i already cant concentrate.

spensd every free moment reading every vegas message board i am involved in.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

Can't concentrate at all, been hounding these forums and urbanspoon :) Leave Monday!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

I was able to get away from this forum for like 3 weeks after my last trip, but now the wife gave in and we're going in June, so its 4 months of Vegas forum torture until then.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

ralester, I took a day off so I could study for my classes. I'm not going to Vegas until this summer and look where I am? It is truly an addiction and I am always looking on this TA for new information. Have a great time this weekend.

North Muskegon...
Level Contributor
387 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

I hear what the other posted stated, as a teacher, it's impossible not to concentrate on the job. However after each day on the ride home, I mentally check other day off my countdown.

28 more days!

Sherman, TX
Level Contributor
939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

I leave on the 19th also....I should be working, but, hello...see where I am...can't wait.

CT
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you concentrate on work right before your trip!!!

I can't concentrate on my job and my trip isn't until July 18th.... I am at work right now and look what I'm doing! : )