We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Patrick's day..

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County
7 posts
Save Topic
St Patrick's day..

Me and a couple buddies are going to be in town for st pattys day through that weekend (march17-21), I was just wondering if O'sheas is the place to be and what to expect there?

Thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Patrick's day..

"Patty" is short for Patricia, so March 17th is a bit early, Saint Patricia's feast day is August 25th.

For March 17th I'd personally head downtown to Fremont Street before I'd go to O'Sheas. At O'sheas I understand you can expect midgets and green beer.

2. Re: St Patrick's day..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 21:35
Orange County
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St Patrick's day..

Haha thanks...

That place in nyny is pretty small so i dont know how much to expect from that...

Im guessing that Osheas will be blocked off and be pretty big, but ive never been there for st pattys (hey irishfan you can correct me all you want, i dont care, im not on here for a history lesson) so im wondering if there will be a lot of people. Thanks

CT
Level Contributor
603 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Patrick's day..

We went Downtown for St Patty's day a few years ago and had a great time. They had a lot going on...tons of people good drinks....

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St Patrick's day..

I'm not taking sides but........

If you were in Ireland and referred to "St Patty's Day" you'd get a lot of blank and very confused looks. The only acceptable (and indeed very commonly used) abbreviation in the old country is St Paddy's Day or just Paddy's Day.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
553 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St Patrick's day..

Head downtown to the Fitz. They usually have St. Paddy's day festivities and it's generally a fun place to be anyway. Enjoy the green beer and parade.

NYC
Level Contributor
377 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: St Patrick's day..

Another vote for the Fitz.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: St Patrick's day..

Keep looking at this site. It still lists last year's events, but it will change to this year's events in March.

reviewjournal.com/entertainment/…

dublin
Level Contributor
310 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St Patrick's day..

Thank you blagger, i'm not one to jump on someone for making a mistake but it is Paddy's day not patty's day

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: St Patrick's day..

soooooo what? you can correct someone all you want but you still knew exactly what they meant when they said "st patty's".

Edited: 17 February 2010, 21:50