We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrah's upgrade

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Harrah's upgrade

Just want to know, I have a comped reg. room for 5 days and they just sent me an e-mail to upgrade for only $10 per night. Should I take it or will I get this anyway?

Thanks

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrah's upgrade

i would pay the $10...seeing how your room was already comped $50 is not a bad price and im almost positive the upgrade will be a mini-suite ! enjoy your stay

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrah's upgrade

Upgrade probably simply means that you'll get a room with a view.

In that case, it may or may not be worth it to you.

I would Email and ask them to clarify what "upgrade" means.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrah's upgrade

I $10 a night upgraded at RIO, and got the ipanema tower, which was just about worth it, but no more. I would $20 it at registration and save the $30.

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
7,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrah's upgrade

Take the comped room for free unless of course you are a diamond member.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harrah's upgrade

Let me translate the Harrahlinguistics..."Dear loyal valued player, although we comped you a room, we gave you the low rung on the comp ladder. For another $10 per night, we'll made sure that room you're getting, none of which type are guaranteed ever, will be an even better not guaranteed type room than the one you theoretically have now."

Atlantic City/Vegas
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Harrah's upgrade

When I stay at Harrahs I am comped the Petite Suite, I believe thats what it is called, There is a Mini Suite which doesn't have a seperate area, and the Executive which is larger. If your getting an upgrade make sure it is not to just the Mini, I don't think there is much difference then the regular rooms.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,474 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harrah's upgrade

Wait a second. What room are you booked in and what room type are they offering? I seriously doubt you are getting bumped into a suite for $10. Chances are you have a room without a view booked and they will give you one with a view. I wouldn't commit to pay more until checkin and when you have a better idea what you are committing to.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harrah's upgrade

"Wait a second. What room are you booked in and what room type are they offering? "

I'm amazed that Harrah's wouldn't state that in the offer. I've gotten these kinds of offers both in Las Vegas and elsewhere, not just from Harrah's but from all kinds of properties, and I've never gotten one that didn't specify what type of upgrade was being offered.

So, no. I would not cough up even the lousy ten bucks a night if they weren't telling me what it was for!

Albuquerque
Level Contributor
405 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Harrah's upgrade

Actually, the upgarde is probably from a basic room to a renovated basic room. I doubt if the upgrade is to a suite. This happened to us once a couple of years ago. We had gotten a 3 night comp for a basic (classic) room. When we got there they asked if we wanted to upgrade for $20/night. I said OK becuase I wanted to check out the upgarde room. They put us in a renovated room (flat screen TV in room and bathroom, etc...), which i believe is called the "luxury". It was essentially a standard room that had been renovated. For as little time as we spend in the room, for us it was not worth it.

Edited: 19 February 2010, 18:06
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harrah's upgrade

Unless they specify it's a suite I wouldn't pay the $10 until I got there to see what the upgrade is & if I'm willing to pay it.