We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and Nascar next weekend?

NH
Level Contributor
498 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Weather and Nascar next weekend?

It looks like they had showers this week and next Fri,Sat & Sun showers and rain. Does anyone know if they will run the races on Monday? Also I plan on visiting The Valley of Fire, is it still ok to go if we have showers?

Thanks

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and Nascar next weekend?

Vegas weather at this time of year is unpredictable, erratic and very changeable. I wouldn't trust any forecast for more than around 48 hours in advance of whenever you're checking. Forecasts for next weekend shouldn't be taken too seriously until around Wednesday at the earliest.

VoF should be fine to visit if it's been a little wet. Some of that trails may be a little messy to walk along but it's still worth going. I don't know enough about NASCAR to know how weather affects races.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and Nascar next weekend?

The rain would really have to be coming down for the entire day or for a major part of the day that they can't dry the track for the race to be moved to Monday...I've been to Vegas 4 years in a row during Nascar weekend and the only rain I've seen was looking out my window at the mountains - the rain never came near the strip.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rain, just pack your sun screen because no matter what the temperature, that sun will be brutal. I don't know if Vegas gets the kind of rain that would postpone a race...it's usually a lot of rain for a long period of time and I've never heard about that in Vegas.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and Nascar next weekend?

Unlike, say, Fontana CA ( man, I'm missing my first Cup race live there in 2.5 years...), prolonged rain is not really a Vegas regular. The possibility of next week's race rained out is pretty slim.

4. Re: Weather and Nascar next weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2010, 06:17