We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TheHotel @ Mandalay Bay

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yuma Arizona
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
TheHotel @ Mandalay Bay

First time in Vagas and was wondering if it is worth it staying here due to the distance of the strip (not sure how far it is from the strip).

I am going with my wife the last week in March and we are going sight seeing. Is the walk to the center strip that much of a hastle to not book this place?

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TheHotel @ Mandalay Bay

THEHotel, as part of Mandalay Bay, is on The Strip, but at the southernmost end of it. The hotel is gorgeous, but that walk to center Strip will be long if you're not used to it.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TheHotel @ Mandalay Bay

It's a long walk to center Strip, about 2 miles. You can however cut a big chunk off of that by taking the free tram to Excalibur. Lots of people will say that Mandalay Bay or THEhotel are terrible choices for a first time in Vegas. I'm a big fan of the properties so wouldn't quite go that far, but you should also perhaps look at hotels that are a little more centrally located.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TheHotel @ Mandalay Bay

For comparable rooms and hotels, Caesars Palace's Augustus Tower rooms or Pallazzo's rooms or Wynn/ Encore's rooms may work for you because of their location.

dcj
texas
Level Contributor
370 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TheHotel @ Mandalay Bay

The Hotel is on the strip just at the far end of the strip. If you are an old timer, walking to mid strip will be a hard walk. If walking not a problem, The Hotel is a nice place and may be worth a stay.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TheHotel @ Mandalay Bay

As long as you can get around easily, you'll be fine.

London
Level Contributor
711 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TheHotel @ Mandalay Bay

it is a great hotel...but leave it for second time in vegas.

I'm with chocopenguin and feel that all first timers should do Caesars Palace (augustus tower) or Mirage.

IMO!

7. Re: TheHotel @ Mandalay Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2010, 07:16