We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I booked rooms today.. Exc and Harrahs

almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
I booked rooms today.. Exc and Harrahs

Hi all... Just wanted to update my travel plans. You know I got the flight for 578..... I just booked Sun and Mon nights with Excalibur, Widescreen Room for 148. Then I booked Harrahs classic for Tues, Wed and Thurs nights for 145. I am totally happy with the prices, and my only wish for harrahs is that we get a room with small balcony. I smoke, but hate smoking in rooms. I really dont care about views... Some of our plans include seeing Purple Reign on Sun night... and CDS Mystere on Tues night. This is our 1st CDS show, so wanted a classic one. I am wondering if I should wait to get Mystere Tix when there, or just look for deals online now? Not looking for free anything, but a discount for tix would be nice. We are still debating motorcycle rental for Tues or Wed ( or both) to visit Hoover, Meade and VOF, but meeting long lost relative so dont want to appear to be "blowing them off". Anyhoo, I just knew you were on the edge of your seat waiting for my info... just kidding. Have great day all..

Edited: 25 February 2010, 14:40
Copperas Cove, Texas
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I booked rooms today.. Exc and Harrahs

Woohoo, one step closer to Vegas baby!!!

I would personally book the tix online, i did that one yr. when we saw KA and i found a good deal when i searched a bit, plus didn't have to stand in the god awful tix 4 tonight line...

June for us and i cannot wait, still looking for a good show to see, let us know if you find a good website for discount tix...

bella

California
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I booked rooms today.. Exc and Harrahs

Harrah's does have rooms with tiny balconies overlooking the pool. You can ask for an upgrade when you get there to one of those rooms as it's a nicer room then you booked. Sometimes they'll just give it to you without charging an upgrade fee. Also, be prepared, when I say tiny, I really mean tiny. There's just enough room to stand, no sitting or turning around or anything. It was nice when we went and had a smoker in our group that she didn't have to go downstairs every time.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I booked rooms today.. Exc and Harrahs

ahhhhhhhhh, the excitment of booking the trip........soon turns to the insanity of having to wait to leave.

congrats and may time waiting pass quickly. when are you going?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I booked rooms today.. Exc and Harrahs

I would check out the TI website for the CDS tickets. They are currently running a 25% of Mystere tickets or a dinner/show combo with buffet/show for $67 or one of the restaurants/show for 129.00. These are pretty good deals. I think the buffet/show deal is a great bargain if you like buffets.

Have a great time! My trip is next week and I am counting down the hours...

almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I booked rooms today.. Exc and Harrahs

Thank you all for the interest and feedback. We are going April 18 thru 23rd. Our not to "miss" this trip are Dueling Piano bars/shows..any location will do, Also, playing table games... I just feel so intimidated... I dont want to mess up anyone elses game by doing a silly move... and for some reason my counting skills are strectched thin during this time...lol

Dealer wants to know if I want another card...and I am trying to count on my fingers under the table how much i already have..lol I have had some really good suggestions from others as where to play in a friendly environment with players that are new like me... the slots for me are..well, uhm the line GONE IN 60 SECONDS works for me. I just dont have the Midas touch for 'em.

Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
154 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I booked rooms today.. Exc and Harrahs

Trying to decide if Excalibur is worth it or not for my next trip, let us know how it is!

Copperas Cove, Texas
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I booked rooms today.. Exc and Harrahs

We liked the excalibur, actually was contemplating booking this trip but wanna be more mid strip..

bella

8. Re: I booked rooms today.. Exc and Harrahs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 06:18