We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Fee

Toronto
Level Contributor
520 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Fee

I just tried to book a room at Monte Carlo and they advised there is a resort fee of $14.51 per day. My husband and I have been travelling to Vegas for years. Usually we stay at NYNY because of the offers we've received from them but decided to try the Monte Carlo because of the offer they sent us. Our last trip to Vegas was in September 2009, staying at NYNY and were not charged a resort fee. The reservations lady at Monte Carlo told me it's new since September 2009 and that all the hotels are charging it.

So my question is this - Does every hotel charge a resort fee and if so, is the amount different at each hotel? Also, if you got your room comped, did you still have to pay the resort fee. And finally, does anyone know just what the resort fee covers.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,721 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,104 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from US$426.99*
US$527.50
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk...
403 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Fee

This question gets asked at least once a week. Search for "resort fees".

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,011 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Fee

Not all hotels are charging a resort fee yet...I know someone else has a more updated list than mine, but here it is anyway. I think MC resort fee also has tax on it, hence the odd amount

http://www.vegas.com/incl/resortfees.html

3Chihuahuas

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Mount Pocono
Level Contributor
4,301 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Fee

Harrah's properties (among others) doesn't charge a resort fee.

elliott.org/blog/…

VegasSue

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Fee

I personally don't mind the fee as long as it includes gym/cardio access.

In the past, I've paid $30+ to use these facilities. If I can get fitness center access for two people for $17, as is the case for the Venetian/Palazzo, I'm more than happy to pay it. Seems like a great deal to me.

Toronto
Level Contributor
520 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Fee

Stratton - I already did a search on this site and didn't get the information I needed - that's why I posted the question. I was looking for more specific details. And FYI, if you'd checked, you'd find out as I did that this question does not get asked "atleast once a week".

3 chihuahuas and VegasSue - thanks for your response. That's exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

And to everyone else who's posted a more positive response - thank you.

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
156 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Fee

I just booked the New York New York and was charged a resort fee as well. I have been to Vegas 15+ times and have stayed all over and never have been charged this. I assumed it was because I'm getting basically a free rate with my MGM access card, but I guess this is somethng all hotels are now charging. Good to know.

binghamton
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Fee

resort fees are similar to the airlines charging for luggage,both are guaranteed money makers and apparently here to stay...UNFORTUNATELY !!

Stratton = Snidely ??

Gliese 581 D
Level Contributor
601 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort Fee

Maybe english isn't the OP's first language, how can you be offended by being advised to use the search function?

Even if you're being comped you have to cough up for the resort fee and different places include different things with the resort fee. In the Monte Carlo's case:

For your convenience, a daily resort fee of US$12.95 (subject to applicable lodging tax) will be added to the guest room account and includes the following hotel services: In-room wired internet, fitness center access, daily newspaper, 2 bottles of Monte Carlo water per day, complimentary copying and faxing, boarding pass printing, and free local and (800) calls.

(From their website)

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort Fee

Resort fees are very different from airline luggage fees.

With the airlines, you can choose to bring luggage and pay the fee, or choose no luggage and not pay the fee. Annoying, but understandable.

The resort fee is mandatory. It is no different than the basic room rate, just presented in such a way so as to deceive at least some customer. And that's the only reason for using a resort fee rather than higher room rates - to deceive customers. Boo!

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,720 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort Fee

You were lied to. Not all resorts in Vegas charge a resort fee. Most of Harrah's resorts do not charge a fee ( I think PH charges a fee), neither does the Wynn. Not only that, but the newest MGM hotel, Aria, does not charge a resort fee.