We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirage vs MGM

Kansas City
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Mirage vs MGM

I am coming this May. This is a 1st time trip so I need your help. I need your opinion on the hotels.

Which one is more centrally located on the strip?

Are they both equally nice?

What is your pick?

Level Contributor
1,621 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirage vs MGM

I would pick the Mirage for better location on the srtip....also..nice place to stay

Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mirage vs MGM

Mirage is the better location.. surrounded by better properties.

If the prices are roughly the same.. pick the mirage.

Edited: 10 March 2010, 22:10
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
604 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mirage vs MGM

Mirage is a nicer property and has a better location.

knoxville tn
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mirage vs MGM

I found a great map of the strip at www.smartervegas.com and clicked on the maps option at the top of the page.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mirage vs MGM

Mirage has the better location and it is nice (not that the MGM isn't super nice too, but the Mirage has the more central location that you were asking about). For a 1st trip I say go with the Mirage, and make sure you get a yummy drink from the Rhumbar while you are there! ;)

Alberta
Level Contributor
669 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mirage vs MGM

The Mirage has great location for a first time visitor.

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mirage vs MGM

Mirage is a nicer hotel has a location where many restaurants and shopping options are close by. MGM itself has plenty of restaurants by itself but other hotels are just a bit farther away from each other and will involve some walking. MGM is better if you need a large bathroom and slightly larger square footage (talking about regular rooms). Otherwise, Mirage is the way to go.

You can see my review of Mirage here:

…blogspot.com/2009/01/las-vegas-trip-dec-200…

and the MGM here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g45963-d9189…

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mirage vs MGM

Mirage is a better property and a better location. The Mirage is more expensive and does charge a daily resort fee which the MGM does not. The MGM does have a bigger pool set-up, though the pool at the Mirage is pretty nice.

9. Re: Mirage vs MGM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 06:32