We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

I wrote a couple years ago to the company that handles the lions at MGM Grand about when they would have Lion Cubs again for photos, and today finally got a answer. I do plan on going to see them the end of this month with my husband and having our photo taken with them. Mainly because I believe you briefly get to touch them and that's always been on my bucket list. For anyone else who might be interested, here's the dates.

FYI

We have new cubs that will be at the hotel starting March 13, 2010 until July 4, 2010.

Lion Photo Studios

Copperas Cove, Texas
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

Too cool, we will be there in June, you actually get your pic taken with them? like beside er what?

bella

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
388 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

Anyone know the schedule? Cost? I read on an old post that it was $25, which doesn't seem toooo bad for Vegas.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

They were there when I was visiting in January. People were lining up to handle them. I don't know the cost.

I felt bad for the cubs. I can't imagine that it's healthy for them to be handled so frequently by so many different people.

JMHO.

Indiana
Level Contributor
474 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

hmm id like to see the lion cubs...... I hope they are smart enough to let the poor things rest as id imagine it would be sensory overload being handled continually all day. Id imagine that if they limit their showings they would be prefectly fine being handled. Young lion cubs are just like any other kitten or puppy in the way they like to play, since they will never see the wild they are likely benefiting from the contact and likely enjoying the opportunity to play and get attention.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

Hey neighbor, thanks for the good info!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

We'll be at the MGM on the 14th. Thanks for sharing.

Southwest
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

When you see the handlers interact with the cubs - and the adult lions for that matter, you are going to be very impressed. A lot of tenderness and love going on there. I'm not a big fan of zoos, but I'm a big fan of this organization and the way they treat their creatures. Remember that the lions are on exhibit for relatively short periods and then they head back to the ranch. A pretty darn comfy way of life.

Enjoy!

Indiana
Level Contributor
474 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

thats good to hear.....i didnt know how they did things. I remember feeling kinda sorry for the big pretty lion in that glass cage thinking he was stuck in there forever. Makes me happy knowing it gets to come visit and head back to a nice habitat. haha

Southwest
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

In an air conditioned van no less. I've heard they seem to enjoy the visit to MGM. Always someone to play with - and plenty of time to nap.

Houston,Tx
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Lion Cubs are coming back to MGM Grand

Thanks for shareing can't wait to see the cuties next month