We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday Celebration Trip - Advice please

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ENGLAND
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday Celebration Trip - Advice please

Hi All,

I went to LV for my honey moon and want to go back for a joint 40th birthday celebration with my Hubby, brother and his wife.

My brother and his wife have never been to the US and we are leaving the kids behind to let our hair down.

My Hubby and I stayed at The Luxor and had an incredible week in 2005 and have vowed to go back to LV ever since.

We are booking flights from Gatwick and so my question is which hotel and where do I get the best deals? Big ask I know!!

LV has changed so much since I was last there so need your help.

We don't want to spend a fortune on the hotel as we aim to spend a fortune in the city...but at the same time don't want to be landed with a rubbish hotel room.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday Celebration Trip - Advice please

When is your trip?

Some medium-priced hotels that might work for you: MGM Grand, Monte Carlo, Mirage.

Eastern WA
Level Contributor
166 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday Celebration Trip - Advice please

Everyone has different opinions. I personally am a huge Signature at MGM fan and is the only place I've stayed at and probably will in the future. It is the best deal in Vegas, hands down. But of course, that is just my opinion and others have theirs.

It may help to give your budget and what kind of experience you are looking for.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday Celebration Trip - Advice please

I think Stratton's choices will do you well, with maybe Mirage being my number one there. The reason is you've been at the South end, and many of the places I'd like to see on first visit are all around the Mirage.

As first timers, your friends will love the Mirage location for walking everywhere. And the rooms have been updated in the last few years. Onlky drawback is a smaller bathroom

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Birthday Celebration Trip - Advice please

I celebrated my 40th in Mirage in November. I recommend it for being in a good location for walking to other hotels and Fashion Mall. We picked it as we were visiting 5 US cities and wanted an average price with a bit of luxury. Blow the budget and order room service breakfast with Mimosas (Bucks Fizz) for your birthdays.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Birthday Celebration Trip - Advice please

Mirage is definitely a good choice, not overly ex$pensive and a good central strip location.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Birthday Celebration Trip - Advice please

We stayed at Mirage last summer and loved it! The location is perfect and our room was very nice.

7. Re: Birthday Celebration Trip - Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 06:34