We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,313 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

especially if you are a group of twenty-something guys? Son just said he heard about it (he's a chef) and wanted to try it.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

Yes, you can. Lotus of Siam is about a 1/2 mile behind the Sahara in a really weird shopping center. It didn't look like a safe walk to me at night with my wife but a group of 20 something guys shouldn't have problems. There are a few swinger, bondage and gay-centric businesses in the shopping center. A few guys looking to make friends in the parking lot. Just a lot of craziness at the end of the shopping center.

The parking lot near Lotus seemed "normal."

Edited: 10 March 2010, 23:05
DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,313 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

Thanks. I think they can handle it and if not, a cab is certainly cheap enough for 5 of them.

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
2,627 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

I'd say OK if they like to walk- LOS is behind a few blocks of the Sahara hotel. The nearby area is a bit bland with much less people compared to the Strip but it's fine if you don't mind walking before and after your meal (especially if you get really full from eating the food or get shocked with the spiciness with some of their items).

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,155 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

You can, but (1) it's a bit over 3 miles and (2) it's not that exiting a walk.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

Isn't that quite a bit of a walk??? From the Mirage??? To me, it seems kind of far to walk even from the Sahara!!! There's another Thai place in the same shopping center called Komol that's just as good as Lotus, if not better!!

California
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

I was going to say the same thing! It's not really that close to the Mirage if you're walking!

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,313 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

Knowing this group of guys, no restaurant is going to be worth a 3 mile walk. Cabs are good.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
153 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

I've actually done the walk with 3 friends, all guys. We headed from LOS to the Sahara. It was very long and very sketchy. One panhandler was asking for cash. I wouldn't do it again. Cabs are easy.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,127 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

"I've actually done the walk with 3 friends, all guys. We headed from LOS to the Sahara."

Fair enough, but the OP is asking about walking from Lotus of Siam to the MIRAGE, which is a bit further than the Sahara.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
153 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you walk to Lotus of Siam from Mirage...

"Fair enough, but the OP is asking about walking from Lotus of Siam to the MIRAGE, which is a bit further than the Sahara."

My point is still valid. And yours is very nitpicky, IMO.