We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ok for kids??

burlington, vermont
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
ok for kids??

I visited the Flamingo a couple of years ago but it seems that things have deteriorated a bit perhaps...is the pool area ok for kids with parents in tow???...any idea's for a more kid friendly Strip hotel with a pool??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
399 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ok for kids??

Hi

We stayed at the MGM last year and the pool(s) were great for our son, and there seemed to be lots of kidas around

Jodi

bc
Level Contributor
716 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ok for kids??

from personal experience mgm and mandy bay pools were great for the kids. those are the only ones i can comment on. at risk of raising a few eyebrows both hotels DID NOT mind us using our own dollar store tubes for the lazy rivers. saved probably over a hundred dollars doing so each stay, and we were not the only ones taking advantage of it. have fun!

Edited: 11 March 2010, 01:31
Small Town
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ok for kids??

How is the Flamingo for kids or teens?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ok for kids??

I second MGM pool. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the lazy river.

san francisco
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ok for kids??

I mean, it's a Vegas pool, right? So while you cannot guarantee that your kids will be protected from everything potentially inappropriate, I have not observed anything in the last couple of trips to the Flamingo Pool that would be worse than any other pool in Vegas. That said, as I'm sure you know, Flamingo isn't the most kid-oriented resort on the Strip, and you might be better off at MGM or even MB (I noticed A TON of kids in the lazy river/wave pool).

6. Re: ok for kids??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 06:17