We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who doesnt care that much about the room?

Barrie Ontario
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Who doesnt care that much about the room?

Now having stayed at the Signature one bedroom suite and Wynn resort room. I must add both were different and the Wynn was amazing. But looking back the amount of time we spent in the rooms the next time I think we might try Bill's and save our money. I guess what I'm asking is who has thought similar and where do you stay now ?

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who doesnt care that much about the room?

I get really bad jetlag so spend hours staring out of the window, trying to convince myself to sleep so a room with a view is vital. I also need a good-szed bathroom and a comfortable bed but know others have different needs.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who doesnt care that much about the room?

An awful lot depends on how you want to spend your time. A small, cheap room is fine if you are only spending a few hours per day, but it is nice to have room to sit down and have a relaxing couple hours in the late afternoon before dinner and a show.

I like to watch an early game from 4 to 7 and head back out for the evening refreshed. You don't need a spectacular room for that, but I'd rather have a sofa and a coffee table to set drinks on rather than watching from the bed.

Notts
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Who doesnt care that much about the room?

As long as the room is clean and the location is good is all that I need when I visit Vegas. Will be staying at Bill's in May for the 3rd time, and find it ideal. It costs us so much to get there in the first place, plane fare and taxis' ( to and from the airport in the uk), staying in one of the more expensive hotels would make it just too expensive. We only need the room for sleeping, showering and changing so we tend to go for the cheaper option. It allows us more spending money for our glorious 12 days in Vegas!!!

Maybe if we were there for just 2 or 3 days,a number of times per year, like a lot of you Americans do, we would stay somewhere a bit more upmarket, but as we can only manage a once a year trip we have to get as much out of our dollars as we can.

Each time we have stayed at Bills, we have had a strip view room, and although it is a little noisy at times, you have all the atmosphere of Vegas through the window too!!

May 9th cant come quick enough!!!!!

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who doesnt care that much about the room?

I dont mind a budget place as long as its clean and the bed is comfy. I loved bills and have stayed in lower end and high end. If saving money is more important then theres nothing wrong with bills.I think if you spend more time in your room then spend more money in getting a better one. I am rarely in my room in vegas and dont find myself poppin up during the day as I cant be bothered with the long walk. Thats the beauty about bills you can be at your room within 2 mins from the front door.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Who doesnt care that much about the room?

It depends on the nature of the trip. With my wife a nice room is a must. If it's a guys' trip then it's not a big deal. We'll usually stay wherever we can get comped rooms.

Bill's is what it is. You won't get the luxury and amenities that you find at the major resorts but you'll get perfectly clean and comfortable accommodation in a great location with rooms a couple of minutes away from the Strip.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who doesnt care that much about the room?

I've stayed at Caesars a few times. I realized that I don't need all that to be satisfied in my room. But I have stayed at IP a couple times, too, and I know it's not enough. I just stay in the nicest place I can get comped. I will keep trying luxury places when I can but Bally's or Rio are more than enough to make me happy.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Who doesnt care that much about the room?

The older I get, the more I care about the room.

AZ
Level Contributor
3,675 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who doesnt care that much about the room?

I agree with Sarah9 - the older I get the more important the room becomes. Instead of a crummy, albiet free room at the Fiitz, this time we had a corner Rush Tower Suite at the GN. It made all the difference in the world when my new fav Vegas activity is an afternoon nap after a late night followed by Sat morning champagne brunch. The room was great and I actually saved money by staying away from the slots all afternoon.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,963 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Who doesnt care that much about the room?

My wife cares about the room, and because I know when to pick my battles, I care about the room.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,218 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who doesnt care that much about the room?

I'd say that I care very much about the room, although it doesn't necessarily need to be the fanciest.

TO ME, the room is your home while on vacation, and sets the tone for your trip. I want the return to the room to be an enjoyable part of my vacation, not something just to be endured until I can go out again.

That's just me.