We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is business casual?

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,522 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
What is business casual?

I am assuming not even nice jeans/dress shoes/dress shirt for the guys?

What about nice jeans/heels/dressy camisole for the ladies?

No big deal...mostly need to let the guys know ;-)

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is business casual?

No jeans. Slacks and a collared shirt.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is business casual?

For Vegas purposes, I would substitute the jeans for some chino/khaki pants for the guys and perhaps dressier pants for the ladies.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,522 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is business casual?

That's what I figured...but it is always nice to have proof for the guys!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is business casual?

Jeans are not considered business casual where I work. Cotton slacks, collared shirt and close toed shoes for men. Slacks and blouse for women (sandals are okay but no flip flops). A dressy camisole would be a no-no in most offices and therefore is not business casual. Unless you are going to a business meeting in Vegas I don't know where women would wear business casual. Most upscale restaurants would be elegant casual, which would be basically the same as above for men, but for women would include the dressy camisole or sun dress.

Southern California
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is business casual?

Business casual is slacks, collared shirt WITH neck tie, and sport coat (decent leather shoes too) Slovenley friday (casual fridays) is popular up and down the west coast, but in the truest sense of the word, when you attach business to casual you must wear a neck tie in my opinion (I always do in my office, but I'm old school). Business attire is 2 or 3 piece suit (with dress shoes), and formal means a tuxedo. YMMV.

Edited: 16 March 2010, 17:32
Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is business casual?

Business casual in Vegas means no shorts or tank tops.

7. Re: What is business casual?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 March 2010, 03:38
Edited: 17 March 2010, 03:38
Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is business casual?

Yeah I think the casual part means specifically a suit without the neck tie, and possibly without the jacket. But that is just what it would mean here on the west coast.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is business casual?

If you really like to know go to menswearhouse.com, their is a link that will let you know how to dress for al occassions.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,522 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is business casual?

Business casual never means a tie here, either (not even in a bank)

Usually the guys wear dress jeans, button up dress shirts & loafers when we go out in the evening, so they just need to throw a pair of dress pants in & they will be good to go (DH DID whine a bit--funny, we often cruise also, and he has to wear dress pants EVERY night on a cruise!!!)