We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

CT
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

I just got a new promotion from Mirage... Without the resort fee, the rate is only $308 for 4 nights!! Add the resort fee and tax and it goes past $400. That resort fee is practically like paying for an extra night.

Just venting.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

If you don't like it then stay elsewhere. Lots of other options.

Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

Apparently you arent aware... you get *complimentary notary services* with that resort fee.

its a red hot deal

:P

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

From what I've seen, most of the hotels now charge a resort fee. So you'll be getting the proverbial short end of the stick no matter where you go. Still... $400 for 4 nights at the Mirage really isn't that bad. At least in my eyes it isn't. :)

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

I agree with Petra and Blagger...$400 for four nights in a nice hotel like Mirage really isn't that bad, IMO. On the flipside though, if you want a resort fee free stay, stay at a Harrah's property.

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

HET props. don't have resort fees.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

Had to laugh when I saw the sarcastic post about the free notary service. Don't laugh... I just was in Vegas and needed a US notary to verify my ID. I went to the business center at the Venetian. Only $5.00 for a seal and sig. I was shocked! This would have been $50.00 at home.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

I am a notary!!! Maybe i should stay there and charge them! :)

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

$50? Really? Our bank notarizes our stuff for free.

But that sure is a funny thing to offer. I hate the resort fees, too, but if they cover something remotely useful they are a little more palatable.

new york
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

demzor.. lmfao....that was a good one.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,163 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mirage Resort Fee stinks.

CubaFun: You know what really sucks? Venetian has a resort fee but doesn't include notary service. You obviously picked the wrong hotel, lol.

OP: As mentioned you can always skip Mirage and stay at Harrahs, IP, Bills or Ballys. Have a nice trip.