We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,410 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

We were in a hotel (not LV) last weekend and actually had an appointment Sunday morning. Of course we changed our watches and our travel alarm. But I did not change the time on the hotel alarm clock.

If you were in a Las Vegas hotel, did you change their clock for them? If not did they change it during your stay?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,853 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

I don't even set the alarm - the clocks are usually too high tech for us. We call for a wake-up call (and that's one thing nice about the Venetian...they ask if you want another one in 10 minutes...once we were both in the bathroom and couldn't answer the phone...they CAME TO THE DOOR to make sure we were up...I thought that was very nice, since we might have missed a flight or something).

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

I never mess with the alarm clock in any hotel I've stayed at in Las Vegas. Simple reason: California and Las Vegas are in the same time zone :). I usually use my cell phone as my alarm anyways, and that usually wakes me up pretty well. It's much more fun to wake up to something like Def Leppard's "Let's Get Rocked" or Audioslave's " Set It Off" than some beeping alarm from a clock anyways :)

Gibbsboro, New...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

You mean for daylight savings time? IF I were there I would have changed the clock. Coming from the East Coast I get messed up with the time on my own. I wonder if housekeeping would enter the correct time? Good question.....

sacramento
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

we stayed at Harrahs last weekend and someone changed the clock for us. I am assuming it was housekeeping.

California
Level Contributor
392 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

I was in LV last weekend, did not change the clock nor did housekeeping... just kept note to self to add an hour.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,410 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

We couldn't help but wonder how the hotels handle this. Does MGM assign one person to check the clocks in 5000 rooms? If the maid is supposed to take care of this how do they handle all the vacant rooms?

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

I guess I would've forgot to change it. Mainly, because when I come, I don't even change my watch (2 hour difference).....I eat when I'm hungry, I sleep when I'm tired (which isn't very often...that I sleep) , and I drink all the time!

PS...it is possible that they have clocks that change themselves based on the outlet they're plugged into.

Edited: 20 March 2010, 04:17
New England
Level Contributor
415 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

Actually, just got back Thursday night. We were at the LV Hilton over last weekend. Got a note on our pillow Saturday afternoon that Housekeeping would be changing the clocks as they made up the rooms on Sunday morning so we didn't have to do anything at all.

Checked into the Palazzo Sunday afternoon, and the clock was set to the correct time - I suspect Housekeeping on that one, too!

9. Re: In Las Vegas Hotel, Did You Change The Clock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2010, 05:18