We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried, a bit :-)

Midlands
Level Contributor
345 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Worried, a bit :-)

We've just booked our second trip to vegas in Oct this year and I'm mutating into a complete spanner-head with all the excitement already!

The only thing is, i'm a bit concerned that it simply won't feel quite as magical second time around. I've just been reading my trip report and all those feelings of awe and wonderment I experienced, they all came flooding back.

So, I guess is it like some other things, ie. never quite as fantastic as your visit? Or will it be like husbands - the second ones are always better? ;-)

Thanks all,

Maddie

Copperas Cove, Texas
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried, a bit :-)

It is crazy because it will get close to the time we book our trip and i will obsess and obsess, i.e. be on TA every waking moment i can. Then we go and i am sooo excited each time, this will be the 7th time in June, we usually go every April, but then after we return i calm down and get back into the day to day that is my life until time to book again..

bella

yourstarla
Level Contributor
11,241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried, a bit :-)

I've gone over 50 times in the past 11 years. The magic never dies for me.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worried, a bit :-)

Hi Petrol. Welcome back. Don't worry a bit. Each trip to Vegas brings something different and memorable. Enjoy.

Edited: 20 March 2010, 01:22
Wyoming
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worried, a bit :-)

Nope the magic never ends. I have lost track but I have been there around 15 times. Just took a trip in Feb and as soon as I rested up a bit was scheming about how and when I can go again.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Worried, a bit :-)

We are up to twice a year now. The magic is still there for us every time.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,639 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worried, a bit :-)

It is always exciting. There's always something new to see or do or eat or a new machine or game or show. I've been going for more years than I want to admit and many many times. We're close so we can just decide to drive in that evening or plan out a trip months in advance - every trip is still exciting - I think it will be for you too.

3Chihuahuas

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Worried, a bit :-)

Maddie, don't worry. That's what the lady next door said too. But life is about new adventures. You'll be fine.

Michigan
Level Contributor
710 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Worried, a bit :-)

I've been going since 1985 and the excitement is still there. I can't comment on the second husband - I'm still on my first!!

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Worried, a bit :-)

Been there around 25 times and going again in October. It just gets better and better.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,510 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Worried, a bit :-)

Been going for almost 20 years...still exciting to us!