We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

adjoining rooms

ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
adjoining rooms

I am heading down to Vegas with 3 other girls and we are hoping to get adjoining rooms - not sure which hotel we are booking yet but any experiences out there? Adjoining rooms hard to come by or fairly easy? I don't want to be 10 floors apart or something...

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,680 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: adjoining rooms

Do you want "adjoining" rooms or "connecting" rooms? Difference in the terminology is adjoining just means next to each other, connecting means a common door between the two.

Kind of a moot point, because like bed types and smoking preferences, most properties won't guarantee adjoining/connecting rooms anyway. They'll make a note of it if you ask but until you get there and they see what they have available there are no promises. Just depends on the occupancy and availability.

ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: adjoining rooms

Adjoining or connecting would be fine - really just want our rooms to be as close together as possible.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,203 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: adjoining rooms

It depends on which hotel and when you arrive. MGM has 5000 rooms on 28 floors this comes out to 170 rooms per floor, even for allowing 30 suites per floor that still leaves 140 rooms on the same floor. Of course being on the same floor doesn't mean that much if you are at different ends of MGM.

Also when you arrive matters a lot. If you're coming in Friday or Saturday night there are only so many rooms not in use. But there are a lot more open on Tuesday afternoon.

One more thing, it also depends on any other room requests. If you both want Strip views you eliminate 1/2 the rooms in the hotel. Not only that but many people prefer Strip rooms so there are probably fewer not in use.

As long as you are not arriving at a peak time, most hotels will be able to put your rooms fairly close together if you want.

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: adjoining rooms

I think there would be a better chance of this in a large complex like mgm, your room in vegas is not guaranteed until you arrive there, so depending on how busy they are they may not have rooms available. My mum and aunts stayed in mgm last year and have no problems with getting an connecting room. They were on the first floor mind you but as long as your not picky about views etc then it may not be a problem.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: adjoining rooms

As others have said there's a lot of intangibles involved. A hotel will do its best to meet your requests but can't guarantee anything until you check in. The success or otherwise of others in the past may have little or no significance on the availability situation when you arrive at the hotel.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: adjoining rooms

Had no problem with the Mirage doing exactly what you are looking for. Have a great trip.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: adjoining rooms

My suggestion is that you call ahead and ask them to notate the request now. Sometimes it helps.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: adjoining rooms

I have asked for and received connecting rooms at Ballys in North tower. Always ask for it when making reservation, and it is noted already when I check in. Front desk has always been accomodating.

ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: adjoining rooms

Thanks so much for the replies! Hopefully they can accomodate wherever we end up booking - we are thinking maybe Mirage so we will see!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
307 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: adjoining rooms

stayed with a large group at TI last year, and we had rooms with connecting doors