We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scoot city tours...anyone been??

almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Scoot city tours...anyone been??

Since we are prob not renting a motorcycle like I had hoped.. I ran across this and it looks fun. Looks like a fun way to explore Red Rock...

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scoot city tours...anyone been??

It looks like a cool way to explore Red Rock. Seemed kind of pricy to me- $119 per person. You can rent a convertible car for $55/day.

Scoot City is out for us because my hubby is too tall. The max height is 6'4". I doubt he would be very comfy!

Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Scoot city tours...anyone been??

I haven't been yet but will be going next week...I can probably give you a review of my experience then but from most of the reviews on TA most people have really enjoyed the 4 hr experience and thought it was very fun. I do agree with the previous post that it does seem a bit expensive but many have stated it's worth the price.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scoot city tours...anyone been??

Have fun angel. It does sound interesting. Hopefully, it will be worth the $$!

Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Scoot city tours...anyone been??

I sure hope so!

Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Scoot city tours...anyone been??

I toured with Scoot City on this past Monday and had a very great time! The trip lasts approximately 4 hrs total with transportation to and from your hotel. The attention you receive from other motorists and pedestrians is very well received and riding in the scooters is fun and refreshing.The views of the rocks and mountains are fabulous. You even get a chance to do a bit of hiking. I took many pictures. Be sure to bring sunscreen lotion and shades if your eyes are sensitive to wind and sun. Overall, it was a great tour and something different to do besides the usual activities on the strip. It is definitely worth the price.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scoot city tours...anyone been??

Glad you enjoyed it angel!! It is something I would like to try, but my hubby is too tall for it, according to the website.

NJ
Level Contributor
227 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scoot city tours...anyone been??

Are children (54", age 11) allowed to ride in these scooters? Also, are there ever any discounts on this tour? Thanks, all!

woodstock, ct
Level Contributor
412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scoot city tours...anyone been??

I went at the end of March. I've been hesitant to write a review because I think it's a lot of fun and a very well run tour. Unfortunately when we went there was a horrendous accident. It was a very windy day and I told my husband on the way that I was surprised they didn't cancel that day.

To make a long story short they go at quite a fast pace and are a little tricky to handle. In front of us was a young mother and her 10 year old daughter, the dad and son were in another car. We were going down a hill when a wind gust must have hit the car and the mom lost control. She flipped the car over several times. There were several of us behind her and stopped immediately. She sustained many open gashes and wounds which I'm sure will require work after they heal. The daughter seemed to be okay with just road burns. The roll cages on these are very sturdy and held up. Praise God though that we were in an area that was relatively flat. There are deep canyons and gullys that if this had happened there it would have been tragic. There is no cell phone connections out there so we had to get them out by putting them in other cars and then getting them to the hospital.

It put a real damper on the rest of our trip.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scoot city tours...anyone been??

smallbluedog, I thought of this review tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g45963-d1534… when reading your comments. Sounds like it might be those folks that were on the tour with you.

Virginia
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Scoot city tours...anyone been??

I will comment that the scooters are not very heavy and we were instructed not to take our hands off the wheel at anytime because of the risk of rolling over when possibly going down hills, hitting bumps, etc. I recall reading the review of the accident that occurred and was somewhat hesitant to go on the tour at first but you are driving at your own risk and that is clearly explained and a waiver is signed before you get behind the wheel so it is something to consider but we had no problems on our tour. I'm sure the weather did play a major part in what occurred though.