We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wrexham, North Wales
Level Contributor
912 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

Hi guys,

From the UK, coming to Vegas to end our three week Honeymoon, following our NYC Wedding this September.

Neither of us have been to Vegas before, both super excited to experience everything it has to offer!

Have booked the Bellogio for our 5night stay at the beginning of October (Sat through to Thurs).

Having done some more research on Vegas in recent weeks, I am now worried about our choice :( Seems a lot of people are saying lots of negative things about the Bellagio and that staying somewhere else (cheaper) and so enjoying the Bellagio's facilities for free is a better option!

So, my question is.... what do you guys think...?

Our requirements are.... looking for a lovely hotel to end our honeymoon. As long as we are pretty central and get a little bit of luxury, that is all we want. Don't plan on being in the room that much!

So should we look for an alterative hotel or stick with the Bellagio...?

All opinions welcome...

Thank you!

Emma

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,857 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

Don't second guess yourself. Bellagio is a beautiful hotel and in a great location on the strip. Yes, there are crowds in the lobby and Conservatory areas, but not when you get to the hotel itself. The rooms are lovely and compared to NYC prices or those in London, I'm sure you got a good price for Bellagio. Plus, when compared to London hotels, the Bellagio rooms are huge and totally luxurious. There are also wonderful dining options at Bellagio and their pool area is beautiful.

Enjoy your time at Bellagio, you will not regret having chosen it.

chicago
Level Contributor
107 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

Recently stayed at the Bellagio, it's at excellent choice with great food and unbelievable location. I did most of my gambling at the Aria which you could take a tram back and forth. Haven't stayed at the Wynn yet though. But you won't be disappointed.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

Don't try and second guess yourselves. Stick with Bellagio. No it isn't the best hotel that Vegas can offer unlike when it opened over a decade ago, but it's still very nice and a great romantic choice for a honeymoon which also happens to be your first time in Vegas. And for a honeymoon there's no way you should be looking at downgrading your accommodation and staying at a cheaper property. I guarantee you'd regret doing that.

Congratulations for your upcoming wedding and have a great time planning your trip!

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,341 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

The Bellagio is a beautiful hotel that although not the most luxurious in Vegas, certainly is still up there.

Many of the negatives are from people who have never stayed in that level and have unrealistic expectations of even the finest hotels. They fell that if they are paying $150/night they should be treated like a queen.

I have stayed there about 8 times and still find the service top notch, the rooms lovely (although some don't like them because they are not decorated in a contemporary style and don't have flat screen tv's)

I never have a problem recommending the hotel to my friends,many who stay in 5 star hotels all over the world.

My only complaint about the hotel is the number of people walking through just to look.

The pools area is beautiful (some of the nicest in Vegas) and if that is something you are interested in, you can't use it unless you are staying there.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
6,403 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

The Bellagio has a few thousand rooms, many of them booked every night. Compare that to the relative few complaints you have read. And remember that people will complain more than boast about a trip.

It's your honeymoon. Live it up. Enjoy it.

Huntley, Illinois
Level Contributor
57 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

Don't change your reservation. You chose a great hotel that you will enjoy. No need to worry about it.

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

Hi Emma,

We are due to arrive at the Bellagio this Saturday for our annual holiday. We have stayed in TI, Luxor, MGM and the Mandalay Bay in the past.

For first timers, this will be the perfect end to a honyemoon. You have a central location and a 5 star property that offers everything you can ask for.

We both loved the MB but the location at the end of the strip is a slight downer and have now finally afforded the chance to stay at the Bellagio.

If you mention that it is a honeymoon they will look after you I am sure.

Hope it all goes well.

SBH

Saint Joseph...
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

Central >>>> Luxory >>>> BELLAGIO !!

Great Choice !!!

Wrexham, North Wales
Level Contributor
912 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

Wow! Super quick replies..... :)

Thank you all so much for your input, I feel much better now! Will try and stop worrying!

gabbygambler - love your profile pic! :)

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Booked the Bellagio, now unsure... :(

I hate crowds and I am super picky about hotels and I LOVE the Bellagio.

My husband and I got married there last year and have stayed there several times and have never had a bad experience.

The hotel is beautiful, the pool and grounds are also gorgeuous. I cannot recall an occasion where the staff were not courteous and helpful.

I am staying at Palazzo for my upcoming trip and I'm second guessing myself and wondering if we should have just stayed at the Bellagio instead.

Don't worry, you'll love it.