We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another boarding pass question

almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Another boarding pass question

I really cant remember what happened on my last two trips...but..

does the boarding pass mean you skip the line ( for the airline counter) and go straight thru security??? i know i will print my stuff before i leave... but if i dont get them printed in vegas for coming home do i just go thru the regular roped lines??

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,641 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,129 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
916 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
s.e. wisconsin
Level Contributor
476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Another boarding pass question

you can print your boarding pass at the kiask at the airport. If you don't have luggage and you have pre-printed your boarding pass, just go to security.

almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another boarding pass question

wait a minute.. is this only for southwest?? i am flying continentel this time.. and have flown with aa or united before... i just remember printing all for flights before we left home... ughhh why cant i think straight today?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,237 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another boarding pass question

On-line check in the night before your flight and you can print your boarding pass from your computer.

You don't have to get in the line at the ticket counter at the airport, but go straight to the Security checkpoint.

If you're checking bags, you can usually do that curbside when you arrive.

On the way back, you can get your check in done and boarding passes printed at the hotel concierge. It's customary to tip a few bucks for this.

EDIT to add: If you check in online but from your phone or someplace else that doesn't have a printer you can print your boarding pass from the self service kiosks at the airport instead.

Edited: 24 March 2010, 18:41
s.e. wisconsin
Level Contributor
476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Another boarding pass question

I have not flown Southwest, but for AA and Airtran that is what we have done. You should be able to print your boarding pass for home at the hotel business center if you want for a fee. Are you renting a car? If so, at the rental place they have a kiosk for some of the airlines where you can print your boarding pass.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,452 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another boarding pass question

With any airline, if you are checking a bag, but were not able to print up your boarding pass beforehand, just hand the skycap (or desk clerk inside) your license and they will print your pass for you.

I started doing this all the time because most of the time they print you a new boarding pass even if you've already done it.

If you are doing carry-on only, try to print your pass ahead of time because then you can just proceed to security without having to stop on the way. (otherwise, use the kiosk)

Southern New Jersey
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Another boarding pass question

Make sure that the name on your boarding pass is exactly the same as on your photo identification (driver's license or passport).

almost orlando
Level Contributor
321 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another boarding pass question

Thanks all... I seem to be getting more scatterbrained everyday..: )

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Another boarding pass question

This has nothing to do with the boarding pass, but I use Continental out of EWR all the time. I have it set up so they call me on my cell 24 hours before my flight and I am able to check in over the phone. When they call they do ask if I want them to automatically check me in for my return flight 24 hours in advance so I don't have to bother. I print my boarding pass at home (and if I have luggage they have special lines at EWR that allow you to use if you have already checked in -avoiding the longer general lines) and I use the kiosk at Mc Carran to print my boarding pass- no wait ever.

btw- you will be landing and taking off from Gate D, so you will have to take the tram that connects it to the general part of terminal one.

9. Re: Another boarding pass question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2010, 07:17