We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
749 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic

We arrive on Sunday. How might the Duece to Ace affect us? We had planned on taking the bus to Fremont Street that first night.

Should we make alternate arrangements, and if so, what?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,479 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

There will be bus service to Fremont St under any circumstances. The only difference is that there will be limited stops on the Strip to catch the ACE. (Mandalay Bay, MGM Grand, Paris, Wynn.) You may want to get the all access pass, so you can take the Deuce to a place where you can catch the ACE if you aren't within walking distance of a stop.

It should be much faster than the Deuce, which took up to an hour to Downtown from Tropicana during the late afternoon and early evening.

Edited: 26 March 2010, 18:46
Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
749 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

Ahhh, so the Ace is like an express bus, where the Duece will stop everywhere from the sounds of it.

Any idea where I can find that all-access pass upon our arrival? Sounds like a good suggestion.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

New routes:

rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/…20Service.pdf

FAQ about the ACE:

www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/transit/ace/faq.cfm

Thompsonville...
Level Contributor
749 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

The FAQ was fantastic and answered all of my questions. Thanks so very much!! Looks like a 3-day pass is in our future.

Lakeville, Minnesota
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

I am excited to try the ACE out also when we get there a week from Sunday.

I didn't mind the Deuce other than it took so long, but thwe "sightseeing " saved me money!! I am hoping we can get on the ACE with a carry on each as we would like to use that to switch from our DT to our strip room halfway thru the trip.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

The most common reported side effects are runny nose, along with sneezing, shortness of breath, coughing or minor chest pain. But these are attributed to most forms of enclosed public transportation. Do not attempt to operate heavy machinery for 2 hours after use. And of course contact your doctor if you experience an erection lasting more than 4 hours after use.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

Whats the doctor gonna do?

lol

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

"Whats the doctor gonna do?"

I've always wondered, but the commercials say to call. Unfortunately I use an eggtimer, and not an hourglass.

Deep in the hot of...
Level Contributor
87 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

" I am hoping we can get on the ACE with a carry on each as we would like to use that to switch from our DT to our strip room halfway thru the trip."

I emailed them to ask about luggage on the ACE. They said you could, within reason, but you might have to stand if it wasn't small enough to fit on your lap. I saw somewhere else where someone said it was going to be up to the driver's discretion. I'm guessing that would come down to how much luggage you have and how crowded the bus was.

london
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How will the Deuce to Ace affect us?

has the ace already started serving? also does anyone know where abouts you pick it up from the mgm?