We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

The online menu looks delic-and great prices. But I couldn't find any reviews...

Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

I believe it's only been open for a couple of weeks at most. When we were there in late February, it's predecessor, Cafe Baba Reeba , had just closed that week ( sob- it was so good) and they were remodeling the facility.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

Ah got it. Thanks

Huntington Beach, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

I sculpted the trees on the patio. While there, I got to try a few things. Very good I must say. The group owns many restaurants, all of them I've tried have. Been great. They own StripBurger next door. Great burgers, awesome shakes, try the Butterscotch. It's my fav and o don't really like Butterscotch. Enjoy the shade under the old olive trees

Huntington Beach, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

I sculpted the trees on the patio. While there, I got to try a few things. Very good I must say. The group owns many restaurants, all of them I've tried have. Been great. They own StripBurger next door. Great burgers, awesome shakes, try the Butterscotch. It's my fav and o don't really like Butterscotch. Enjoy the shade under the old olive trees

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

Its def. on my list to try. I'll make sure to notice the trees-very cool.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

They had their soft opening on St. Paddy's Day. I was there. It looks like it will be a very good place, if the tacos they served were any indication the food will be top notch. It looks like it will be a great place to hang out.

rmsmith
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

I tried this place last week! The food is good, music loud & waitstaff attractive. My friends and I sampled the lobster tacos (sounds interesting, but was so good!) and nachos. There was plenty to share amongst the 3 of us.

I had a traditional margarita on the rocks & would definitely go back for more of those!

I wish it was warmer so I could have taken advantage of their patio. Also they have a tequila tasting room which looks pretty cool.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

Just returned from Vegas and went to El Segundo Sol 3 times. Absolutely fabulous! Happy hour from 4-7pm is a must. Pitchers of Sangria for $14.95 (Compared to regular price of $24.95) and street tacos for ~$2.00. Tableside guacamole was awesome (and quite a lot of guac) as were the corn/poblano chile cheese crisps (like a Mexican pizza). Service was prompt and friendly with both the server and manager engaging in conversation with us. I also tried the Pink Taco and must say it paled in comparison to El Segundo Sol. I think it's a must for casual Mexican fare in Vegas.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

Thanks, krzy33, sounds fabulous!

10. Re: El Segundo Sol-anyone been there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 05:17