We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orleans or south coast

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
11 posts
Save Topic
Orleans or south coast

Hey there,

for our next trip to LV we have great rates for the Orleans and the new South Coast Hotel, but we don't know which one we should prefer.

Do you have any experiences with these two hotels ? Which one would you prefer ?

Are the guests at the South Coast still affected by the constructions ?

Thx a lot

Hillary

dallas
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orleans or south coast

there talking about south coast 1st day as dec. 29

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Orleans or south coast

No one has experience with South Coast as it has not opened yet. Opening date is around Christmas.

Once South Coast has openend it should be nice, everything is new and rooms are slightly larger. The downside it is 6-miles south of the strip so that may not appeal to some.

That being said Orleans is nice and located about 2-miles west of the strip with good shuttle service.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,473 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orleans or south coast

The South Coast is quite a distance from the strip hotels, so I wouldn't stay there unless I had a rental car.

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orleans or south coast

I would choose the Orleans. I am not familiar with the South Coast, so perhaps it is a new hotel that is currently under construction. The Orleans is a very nice, affordable place to stay in Las Vegas. I have heard a lot of nice things about the Orleans on here lately and think that it would be a good choice for you. Give the Orleans a try!

LSS
Texarkana, TX
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orleans or south coast

Orleans is a nice hotel even though it is off strip. There are frequent shuttles (maybe 10 minutes by shuttle) to Barbary Coast which will put you on the strip. A car would be nice if staying there, but not required. Very reasonable food options at Orleans.

The disadvantage to South Coast is the distance off strip. probably 5 miles. it will require a car. The advantage to South Coast--it's a brand new hotel and the rooms look very nice. I definitely want to check it out and since I go to Vegas several times a year, I will probably stay there for 1 or 2 nights.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Orleans or south coast

I have stayed at all the Coast hotels and I have enjoyed them all. They seem to have the friendliest staff around. I am looking forward to trying the South Coast(I always have a car) but I also know that there are usually some unanticipated problems when a hotel first opens. I would wait a bit before spending my whole vacation there. Meanwhile, the Orleans is a great place to stay.

sarnia ont.
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orleans or south coast

If you are travelling from europe,you will probably be staying for a week or more,so why not try both?,say 4 days at the Orleans, then finish off at the South Coast and compare the two.have a great trip!!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orleans or south coast

There's nothing around the South Coast area. You will feel deserted. Stay on the strip!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orleans or south coast

Are they owned by the same people?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orleans or south coast

Yes, Orleans, Gold Coast, Barbary Coast and now South Coast. Same company.