We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Downtown the Week of May 10 - 15?

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone Downtown the Week of May 10 - 15?

Will anyone be staying downtown this week? I know a couple of us are and am just wondering who else might be around.

Missouri
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone Downtown the Week of May 10 - 15?

I'll be there May 11th-15th, but then, you already know that. :-)

This is gonna be a pretty laid back trip for me. Be doing some bingo, some running here and there, hopefully a lunch or two with you.... and ... Maybe.. that Italian Restaurant that I want to get to... we'll see..... Can't do a whole lot in 4 days, and... I gotta get my Bingo fix, thats for sure... LOL

sheila

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone Downtown the Week of May 10 - 15?

I am planning a laid back week also. I was going to book a day trip, but I might just spend a couple afternoons at the pool reading. I have been working a lot and I take a couple classes as night, so lounging by the pool sounds great. I am definitely playing more bingo this trip and eating at the MSS buffet! Did you book your room yet? I just booked mine this weekend and requested a corner room. I hope I get it!

Missouri
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone Downtown the Week of May 10 - 15?

Yes, Kelly... I booked a room this week ... at Fitzgeralds (so I'll be very close by) Actually, Expedia sent me a reminder that I had some special travel reward coupons from them that were expiring in a couple days. One of those was $50 off any hotel room booked for 2 nights or longer. It also said something about $100 off for 4 nights ... but I didn't get that one. It had to be a vacation package. But I did get the $50 off coupon, so I got 4 nights, one of them a Friday night... for $106 including all taxes etc. I was happy with that. So... I'll be renting a scooter for most or all of the time that I'm there now. I can't do the walking back and forth to the Plaza for Bingo... but I figure I saved enough on that coupon to pay half my scooter bill. LOL

I almost booked into the Plaza... because I had a good rate from them... 2 nights for $22, and... I wouldn't have needed a scooter there. But then, I wasn't sure about airport pickup with the shuttle. What time are you all leaving on the 15th? And what airline do you fly on? I'm asking, because... we could probably take a cab to the airport (if there are 4 of us) for about the same amount as a shuttle... including tip. I think. Not sure though... I think a cab from downtown to the airport is about $30, and with a $5-6 tip, that would be $9 each. Shuttles are now at least $8 going downtown, and you still gotta tip the driver... Just thinking outloud. I've never taken a cab, so don't know for sure... but ... it would be worth a couple dollars more to be dropped off right at the skycaps to me.

sheila

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone Downtown the Week of May 10 - 15?

I will be coming in the end of your trip. I get in late on the 14th and am staying until the 18th. At the Golden Nugget. Taking second son for his 21st b-day. The 14th is the actual day so we are renting a limo and arriving downtown in style lol!

Taylorville...
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone Downtown the Week of May 10 - 15?

Going to the Golden Nugget May 9 till May 14. Will have 4 female friens at 4 Queens. There is going to be a meet & greet May 13th at Bills at the Big Elvis show, but I forgot the time. Maybe we could plan another downtown also?? I

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone Downtown the Week of May 10 - 15?

Sheila, I am staying at Fitzgerald's too! We are flying home on Continental, and I am pretty sure the flight is at 6:29 pm. What time do you arrive on the 11th? I can't wait to go. Only 42 more days!

Maybe we can do the champagne brunch on Saturday with anyone who will be there.

7. Re: Anyone Downtown the Week of May 10 - 15?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 06:22