We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comped room under DH's name, can I use too?

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Comped room under DH's name, can I use too?

I stated a few days ago my DH may not be able to go with me to vegas in June. The comped room reservation at Harrahs is in his name, and he always gets better offers than me. So could I use the comped room under his name, or would I have to make my own reservation under my name?

Friendswood, Texas
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comped room under DH's name, can I use too?

I don't think you will be able to use the room. Whoever makes the reservation needs to be the one who checks in. They will need his drivers license and the cc used to hold the room. I am pretty sure you will need your own reservation.

Mia

not there
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Comped room under DH's name, can I use too?

He would have to be there to show ID so no you can't us his Comp

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comped room under DH's name, can I use too?

If HET is the same at MGM/Mirage you have to show your ID at checkin and won't be able to use the room.

This last trip, we booked under the wife's name, and the girl at airport check in made me go get her to check us in. Even if our cards are linked.

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comped room under DH's name, can I use too?

Thanks. I liked it better when they had it that the husband and wife were on one card. Anyway, I think I'll book a room from my comps, then I can always cancel if he's able to go.

San Diego
Level Contributor
974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Comped room under DH's name, can I use too?

If he had booked it through his host maybe he can call and explain the situation and have it switch over under your name. Other than that I don't think it's possible.

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comped room under DH's name, can I use too?

I just booked it on the website.

midwest
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Comped room under DH's name, can I use too?

My wife gets the better comps in our family and everytime I check in she has to be present with her ID. Now that I think about it, maybe I should just hit the tables and let her do the checking-in since she has to be there anyways.... : )

8. Re: Comped room under DH's name, can I use too?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 13:15