We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

I ended up changing my travel dates to the days AFTER Labor Day, rather than the days before Labor Day.

Originally, I was staying at the Bellagio, but I changed to the Mirage because of the price.

Five nights at Mirage $497 w/ strip view and the resort fees.

Five nights at Bellagio $995 for basic room, $1245 for lakeview.

As much as I had my heart set on the B, I just can't seem to justify paying $249 a night, compared to $76 per night.

I have never stayed at the B, so maybe I won't kow what I am missing!! LOL! I still think the Mirage will be a good choice. The reviews are good.

Special Offer
Las Vegas Night Tour of the Strip by...
138 reviews
from US$39.99*
US$43.04
Las Vegas Club Crawl
10 reviews
from US$39.99*
Las Vegas Strip Ultra Limousine Tour
20 reviews
from US$199.99*
London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

That seems a rather high price for Bellagio. It's still too early for promotional codes to be out. In late May/early June start checking www.smartervegas.com for promotional codes for Bellagio. I'm betting there will be some come out sometime after the first part of June if not before. So, if you keep checking you might end up getting Bellagio at a dream price!

Mirage is very nice, but the B is nicer. Good luck!

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

I very much enjoyed Mirage when I stayed there twice in 2008. Location is excellent. My one knock of Mirage is the small bathroom. But everything else is very good!

good-times.webshots.com/album/563452898qEHidT

See LOVE while you're there!!!!!

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

GABBY, I will keep checking on Bellagio as Sept nears. It just seems WAY too much right now. My hubby would rather have the extra $$ to gamble with!!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,721 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

Just got this email promo - stay 2 nights, 3rd is free - May 25 - Sept 16 starting at $159.00 - GB159E

https:/…

3Chihuahuas

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the code 3Chihuahuas. Right now with that code, the B is around $966 before taxes...which is about double of Mirage.

I will be looking for new codes in the next few months, and crossing my fingers the rates go down!!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
470 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

The rooms are the Mirage are comfortable. You can ask for an upgrade to a tower room if you want a larger bathroom. It is a solid property, and I don't feel the Bellagio is worth double the price.

Wales
Level Contributor
286 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

i asked for a free upgrade last week to tower deluxe and got it , nice large bathroom . and they gave me $75 resort credit , i think its great for the money and a great spot on the strip ....

Home of the UK...
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

Stayed at the Mirage for the first time last month and enjoyed it very much. Good location and the rooms were very nice. They are really promoting good rates now which are hard to beat. The deli at the Mirage is VERY good!

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

I'm not crazy about the rooms at MIrage, but there's nothing wrong with them...standard, I'd say. But the property itself, I really like a lot. Good restaurants, good bars (don't miss Rhumbar), and a nice property in general - you'll be fine.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just changed to the Mirage...hope I won't be disappointed.

You're unlikely to be disappointed in the Mirage, because your expectations are lower than they would be for Bellagio. Though Bellagio is quite nice, for some, it does not live up to the larger than life expectations.

Mirage is comfortable and nice, and in a great location. It has a fun pool, and the entire property is easy to navigate and get in and out of (easier than Bellagio in my opinion). It also has more reasonably priced food options than Bellagio and tons of options in all price ranges across the street at Venetian. I really like both places, though I agree with the others that the Bellagio is not worth double the price.

Have a great trip!