We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Monte Carlo

Ohio
8 posts
Save Topic
Questions about Monte Carlo

Hi everyone....Board Newbie here...

Well, not too new (first time poster), I have been reading a lot, i mean A LOT of your posts over the last few months as I prepare for my trip to Vegas. I am coming this Sunday through next Thursday and will be staying at the Monte Carlo. I will be staying by myself, but have friends who are staying at another hotel.

I purchased a nice package through US Air with just a deluxe room that came with a free ticket to Lance Burton. Anyway, 2 questions:

1. I noticed that the resort fee for Monte Carlo does not specify internet access included in the fee? Do you still have to pay for the access ontop of the resort fee?

2. I have been chuckling each time I read about the ($20) trick? Has this worked for anyone at the Monte Carlo? If so, what kind of upgrade did you get, or what did you ask for? And just out of curiosity, if they don't upgrade you, did they just take your $20 and smile making you feel pretty upset?

Oh, does it matter that my flight will be getting in around 10:30 am. So I am assuming I will be to the hotel by 11:30. Will the trick above work since I will be attempting to check in early?

Sorry, I guess that was 3 questions....

Any help would be appreciated. And thanks SO MUCH for the restaurant.com info. I was able to get one of the $25 stripburger certificates yesterday morning.

Steve

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
693 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Monte Carlo

Here is the information from their web site on what is included in the resort fee

For your convenience, a daily resort fee of US$12.95 (subject to applicable lodging tax) will be added to the guest room account and includes the following hotel services: In-room wired internet, fitness center access, daily newspaper, 2 bottles of Monte Carlo water per day, complimentary copying and faxing, boarding pass printing, and free local and (800) calls.

New York
Level Contributor
374 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Monte Carlo

If they have room available they usually have no problem checking you in early, and this will not have an impact on the upgrade you may or may not get. I am always courteous and friendly keeping in mind most people are not and I have a near 100% rate of being upgrade for free. I have never used the "trick" but I do tip between 10 and 50 depending on how much an upgrade I receive.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,995 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about Monte Carlo

The entire month of April is pretty busy for Vegas, so getting an upgrade without paying for it may be tough, but you can try,,,,no harm in that right?

The resort fee says wired internet, whatever that is. Probably dial up connection which will be slow.

"Oh, does it matter that my flight will be getting in around 10:30 am. So I am assuming I will be to the hotel by 11:30." Yeah, if you don't get tunnelled,,,lol.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about Monte Carlo

Since it's wired internet, make sure you bring an ethernet cable just in case. You can usually get a cable at the front desk, but some places will charge for one.

Ohio
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about Monte Carlo

Thanks everyone for the help.

I am hoping for a modest upgrade if that is possible. I'm hoping for an upper floor room as I have read that the higher the floor at the Monte Carlo, the better the views...

As for the internet, I packed an ethernet cord today just in case.

Anyone else have any thing to chime in about the Monte Carlo?

Steve

NJ
Level Contributor
562 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about Monte Carlo

Stayed at the Monte Carlo last time comped for 3 nights. Checked in late at night around 8-9 PM and clerk gave me a high floor with a strip view. Very nice rooms at Monte Carlo. It gets a bad rap for being too bland and not as exciting but personally its one of the nicer places to stay because of that.

Has a nice pool area as well and food court for cheap eats.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about Monte Carlo

Stayed there 4 times. Always my first choice. Great staff from my experience. Has a homely feel to it. Diablos has a great happy hour and is a fun place to be for food and drinks.

KY
Level Contributor
400 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about Monte Carlo

We stayed at MC our last trip there. Of the few places we've stayed it's our favorite. We tried Diablos, but weren't impressed. Maybe I'm a litle old (52) for their vibe, but the food was nothing to write home about either.

Ohio
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about Monte Carlo

UPDATE....

Got to the MC at noon. Little wait to get checked in (15-20 minutes). I am happy to report that with just a friendly smile and asking, I was given a high floor with strip view. I did give the attendant a tip afterwards.

Thanks and I am out to enjoy the day...

Steve

Ohio
Level Contributor
347 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions about Monte Carlo

Is there actually a good view at the Monte Carlo anymore? Last time we stayed there, I politely asked for a room with a view (no tip) and we were given a strip room - except it was angled towards the City Center, which blocked our view of anything EXCEPT City Center!

That said - we just booked our next vacation at the Monte Carlo because we like gambling there and it has a good location.