We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trade Luxor for mgm ???

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Trade Luxor for mgm ???

OMG, I have been on this computer all day and my son walks over and finds a deal at MGM for 55.00 a night. Do you think that the MGM would be more enjoyable for teenagers than LUXOR. It is beautiful but it is SOOO BIGGG. ( I worry about my husband who has bad knees.) Have all the rooms been renovated at the MGM . Which rooms should I ask fo?. I am ready to book this thing. I am getting weary looking and comparing.

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trade Luxor for mgm ???

Vegas is Huge. Tonnes of walking. Just take your time.

The consensus on this board is MGM is better then Luxor. I enjoyed Luxor very much. But had some issues last time and prolly wouldnt use them in the future unless the word comp comes in hahahha. But no matter what hotel you get be prepared to walk.

Spokane
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trade Luxor for mgm ???

I would choose the MGM if traveling with teens - pools are great and a ton of other activities.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trade Luxor for mgm ???

In a second. The pool alone is so much better for teens. The rooms have not been renovated at MGM, but they haven't been renovated at Luxor either. And the MGM rooms are larger and nicer.

And while the MGM grounds are larger, don't think Luxor is small. MGM has 5000 rooms, Luxor has 4000.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trade Luxor for mgm ???

MGM will definitely beat Luxor in every category. Yes, it's big, but you're going to walk everywhere in Vegas anyways, so why not stay at a hotel more centrally located, and with better amenities ( like pools) than Luxor anyways? Plus the rooms are bigger and brighter :). Ask for rooms near the elevators at the MGM if walking distance is a concern. Just dont ask for a West Wing room :) Those things are tiny.

Buffalo NY
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trade Luxor for mgm ???

Yes, yes yes, Luxor is a DUMP...look at the reviews.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,173 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trade Luxor for mgm ???

I'd pick the MGM over the Luxor any day whether I'm travelling with teens or not! For me, there is NO comparison between the two hotels!!!

bc
Level Contributor
716 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trade Luxor for mgm ???

Stayed at mgm two weeks ago. It's big but nobody in our party mentioned it. Lots of walking involved in Vegas no matter how you shake it . Don't let the "too big" worries deter you. I would go again tomorrow. Have fun!

Edited: 05 April 2010, 06:12
Liverpool
Level Contributor
634 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trade Luxor for mgm ???

I'd vote for the MGM. I've stayed at both. Although the big downside to the MGM is the very long walk to get to your room. The hotel is enormous. The pool at the MGM is 100% better than the one at the Luxor, which I'm sure would be a bonus if you have kids with you., Also, the MGM is slightly better located in my opinion. Wherever you stay in Vegas you need to be prepared for lots of walking so make sure you pack your comfortable shoes.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,409 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trade Luxor for mgm ???

The edge goes to MGM in all departments, just make sure you book the right room, some of the rooms can be small and some have a bit less privacy when it come to bathroom facilities. Its still worth paying a few dollars more to stay at the MGM if you have to. The location alone is worth it over the Luxor.

Maine, USA
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trade Luxor for mgm ???

"... just make sure you book the right room ..."

For some one who has never been, statements like that can be frustrating. Can you provide more information on which rooms are the right ones?