We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car deals???

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car deals???

Heading to Vegas (for the first time) this Wednesday!! Yea! I hadn't planned on renting a car...but now I'm considering it.... does anyone know the cheapest place to rent a car?? or discount codes??? Wanting a mid or standard size. Thanks!

Cary,NC
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car deals???

I'm also going to Vegas for the first time and ponder the idea of getting a rental car. I'm going w/ my girlfriends and realized it would be easier to rent a car b/c of all the valet places and we would like to go downtown,etc. My advice w/ my extensive search is: it's not cheap but I managed to talk to many people that worked for some of the rental car companies. I would stay away from ACE but I would consider renting w/ Advantage. They are part of the Hertz company and they have newer cars. I realized after much thought and calls this was a good choice for me b/c of the large car I was getting and it was much affordable from other car rental companies that I've had "gold" status with. So, hope this helps and good luck on your hunt and have a great trip!

midwest
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car deals???

I just did a quick check with Dollar for Wed through Sun. Using the city special, a mid-size (Ford Fusion or similar) was $16.95 a day, $112 total after the mandatory charges.

Rates seem pretty low at Dollar this month. We leave on Sunday and have a car reserved at $18 a day.

If you go with Dollar, make sure to sign up for their express program and skip the main line. If not, you could end up spending 45 minutes or more waiting in line.

Bayonne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
461 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car deals???

We are renting with Dollar rent a car. You can rent at the airport and drop off on the strip for no extra charge. I used promo code ROCK1. I think it saves you like 10-15%. Good luck and have fun. I'll be there in then 3 weeks.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
216 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car deals???

<<I used promo code ROCK1. I think it saves you like 10-15%.>>

Thanks for the code. I just save around $10. Every little bit helps!

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car deals???

I find costcotravel have the best prices. That's who I always book with.

Huntsville AL
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Car deals???

Mel - Why would you stay away from Ace? I was considering getting a minivan from them.

loveland, co
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Car deals???

Alamo just extended the $25 off for 5 days until the end of June. Click on the $25 off and book from there. Just got 5 days for $117. Includes taxes and fees.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental Car deals???

Do the codes and deals really work? I have a deal from Southwest, 40% off at some companies. Well I did everything through SW and then through the rental company, and guess what? SAME Price with the discount or just booking through company.

Cary,NC
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental Car deals???

Steelnuke, I would not rent from there b/c thaty have 2-4 year old cars and the man w/ ACE was very friendly and told me He knew that Advantage had newer cars...and I heard some bad reviews on YELP! and here..hope you have a great trip!

10. Re: Rental Car deals???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2010, 05:17