We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

As the subject implies, my wife and I are flying in to vegas for a short 3 night trip, and If time permits, I'd like to catch a show on each night if possible. We have already booked tickets to zumanity(free promo) and O for the 2nd and 3rd nights, but I am wondering if we can make it to a show the 1st night even though our flight is scheduled to arrive at 9pm.

We are staying at MGM Grand, and we would like to catch Crazy Horse that night if possible (also at MGM). So assuming our flight is on time, would 90 minutes be enough time to pick up our luggage, cab it to mgm, check in (with prima priveledges), buy tickets, and make it to the show on time? It will be the on the Thursday before Memorial Day, so do you think any tickets will still be available, or is the show likely to be already sold out? Of course if the flight is late or we can't make it in time, there is so many other things we can do, but a 3rd show would be top on the list.

On a side note, are MGM guests usually offered any discounts to the show?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
220 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

I'm going to call it extremely tight, leaning on no.

First, do you really want to see a show that will essentially be at 1:30 am on your internal clock? That aside, if you were not checking luggage, I would say possible.

Lets map it out.

Best case scenario, you arrive on time in LAS

9:02 wheels down

9:10 at gate

9:15 doors open on plane, you're in row 15, so 40-50 people ahead of you still need to de-plane

9:30 off plane

9:35 out of restroom in terminal

9:45 off train to main terminl (if you're lucky, on a recent trip, one train was being serviced, and this alone took 30 minute

9:50 at baggage claim

10:00 bags arrive

10:05 into taxi queue

10:10 situated in taxi

10:25 arrive at MGM

Seems pretty tight to me. Maybe you can save 5 minutes here or there, but seems like a bit of trying to squeeze way too much into too short a period of time.

I've fallen asleep at O seeing it on day of arrival, and wasn't nearly as rushed as what you propose, and I travel often.

Edited: 05 April 2010, 16:38
Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

If there is any delay at all either flying out or in to McCarran you have lost. I have arrived early and ended up waiting 20 mins for luggage etc. If it is free take the tickets maybe you will make it. But if you are buying them and money doesnt matter.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
553 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

I think you can definitely do it assuming you're not delayed in the least. I'd skip checking in and just drop your bags with the bell desk. You can always check in later or even try checking in at the airport if you can.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
470 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

It is certainly do-able, but you are basically allowing little margin for error. With carry on bags, I've been walking into my room at MGM just over 30 minutes from walking off the plane, granted that is best case.

Things that could hold you up.....

1. flight delays

2. One of the airport trams being shut for maintenance.

3. delays in getting checked baggage (carry-on recommended)

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

thats really pushing it. since they are comped seats no harm done if you dont make it. as mentioned there are so many factors involved in what i think is a longshot of getting there on time.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

Yeah my first thought was: after 4-5 hours on a plane from the East Coast, sitting down yet again for 90 minutes in the "middle of the night" could be rough. And then dealing with early Memorial Day arrivals. And then trying to squeeze that in within 90 minutes.

At the very least, I'd buy show tickets in advance.

NJ
Level Contributor
562 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

Short answer : NO

Flight delays, Baggage delays, TAXI LINE (can be long sometimes) check in line can also be long....

Ill advised to cut it so close

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

I live on the east coast. Once I went to a 'late' show of Zumanity (9 or 9:30) shortly after stepping off of a plane. I slept through most of it.

And 90 minutes isn't enough time.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

rushed my original reply. but as others suggested, shows on 1st night,especially after a 5plus hour flight can be rough. but again, its all about your flight making it in on time(rare) and the wait for your luggage,even befor dealing with hotel check in.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight arrives 9:02PM, can I make 10:30PM show?

I have free tickets as part of a Promo at the Mirage. They stated that the show tickets must be picked up 4 hrs prior to the start of the show or I loose them. So something else to keep in mind if that's your case as well. But like everyone else has said, I don't think you would make it in time. Traffic at night is also quite busy around the strip.