We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting a car

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
renting a car

Is it better to rent a car at the airport and park at your hotel? Or just rent at the hotel? I want to do a day trip to red rock.... How bad is driving? We are gonna stay at Ny Ny....

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renting a car

I think picking car up at airport is easier and a little cheaper. Driving can be a bit touchy, but just give yourself time and be patient. Just use valet parking at your hotel.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: renting a car

I've found that the rates are better at the airport.

How long will you be in Vegas. If just for 3 days, then definately rent at the airport. If for a longer period, it might be less expensive to rent a car at the hotel @ a higher rate ... than to rent a car for a longer durration and not use it much.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: renting a car

The airport rates are almost always cheaper than renting from the hotel. The hotel rental desks are not open 24 hours like the ones at the airport. If you are only renting for one day, renting from the hotel may make more sense- even though you will be paying more money.

It depends on how long you will be staying and what else you plan to do while in Vegas. Dollar allows you to pick up at the airport and return to a hotel that has a Dollar rental desk without paying extra.

Driving is no worse that driving in any other major city. Strip traffic can be tough, but you can almost always avoid driving on the strip. Getting to Red Rock will not be on problem. Parking is free (self and valet-tip for valet) at all the hotels and you don't have to be a guest at a hotel to park.

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: renting a car

I had a lot better luck with the Avis location at the Venetian. I was able to score a car for 5 days for $144 (including taxes and fees) for mid-May....picking up at the Venetian the morning of my arrival and dropping off at the airport on the morning of my departure. The same rental at the airport was going to cost me approx $210. So, my wife and I will pay the $6 each to ride a shuttle from the airport to the Venetian and still save $50-55 for the car.

Virginia
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: renting a car

I will never understand when people are traveling together why they take the shuttle. For a few dollar extra you get a direct ride to the hotel and you save about an hour of time. Wasting an hour to save $5 just doesn't seem worth it to me.

maryland
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: renting a car

If the dates are fixed...I would always go for priceline . com

Last trip I got an Economy for $120 (7 days).

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: renting a car

If all you need the car for is one day, it's easier to rent at the hotel, even though it's usually a little more expensive than the Airport rental center.

The Strip gets crowded with traffic, particularly at night, especially on Friday/Saturday nights, but from NYNY to Red Rock you won't be driving on the Strip.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: renting a car

can anyone give me any advice on renting a car under the age of $25?

Me and my friends are all 22/23 years old, but all have held licenses for 5/6 years. We're looking to rent a convertible (trying to make the most of your weather!) and take a day trip out, so we only want the car 5pm day 1 to 9am day 3, but cannot find anything less than around $400.

Am i looking in the wrong places?

9. Re: renting a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 08:16