We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

Kansas City
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

We are going to be in Vegas in about 3 weeks and would like to hit up one of these clubs our first night. Both have outdoor patios with views of the strip, but we aren't sure which is better. Our first night there will be a Sunday if that makes a difference. We're a group of mid 20s early 30s and love to drink and dance. Any info you guys have is greatly appreciated.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,559 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

Ghost is the superior club.

Also try XS at the Encore

ontario
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

If you are leaning towards Voo Doo at the end of this post I would like to recommend an open bar package we used last year (since you stated you guys like to drink). it was 75.00 (plus taxes and fees per person) front of the line entereance and open bar all night. I bought it off of LasVegas.com, but from what I understand you can get them in Vegas at most HArrahs box offices, but they are limited to how much they give out.

I loved the view, but I have never been to ghost bar so I can't give you a comparison.

Enjoy!

California
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

I've been to both and I would go back to Voodoo every time. I can't say what they will be like on a Sunday night so that may make a difference. Voodoo's outside area is much bigger then Ghostbar's and all the outdoor clubs at the Palms that I've been to have glass walls surrounding the whole outside where Voodoo doesn't, it's just open air. I'm not sure why but for some reason the glass walls bother me. We go to Voodoo almost every time we go to Vegas. I'm sure you'd have fun at either place though.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

I haven't been to GhostBar yet so can;t really comment on that, but VooDoo Lounge at the Rio is great. As other posters have said you could go with the package deal there, here's a link to some more info on that: http://www.vegas.com/nightclubs/voodoo/

NYC
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

I haven't been to VooDoo but I've been to Ghostbar several times. I LOVE Ghostbar. The view is just amazing and I like the atmosphere. Also, make sure you order a Ghostini!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

I have been to both and both are good but different

Ghost Bar, I think, has a slightly better view although not that different. Being slightly further back gives it a fantastic panarama view of the Strip. It is a little more upscale and it is not very big. Not really sure if they have that much of a place to dance if that is what you are looking for. The two times I went it was right when it opened and we just went for a few drinks and to check out the view.

Voodoo has a very good view and has a larger outside area. I found it to be a little more laid back than Voodoo. It doesn't seem like it is trying to be as upscale as Ghost Bar. It has an area for dancing. They do have the "open bar" package too that others mentioned that seems like a good deal.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

Thanks for the info everyone...maybe we'll stop by Ghost Bar for a few drinks, definitely want to try a ghostini, and then party the rest of the night away at Rio with the open bar package. That sounds like such a good deal...

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

Well first of all, Ghostbar has no dancefloor. They suggest you go to Rain if you wanna dance, while Voodoo has 2 dancefloor outside!

Can't help you with sunday, have only been to Voodoo on thursdays!

Went to Ghostbar last august on a sunday! It was only semi crowded, but still all the seats were reserved! (Maybe it was only for show!)

View from Voodoo:

http://yfrog.com/7bimg2684cj

View from Ghostbar:

http://yfrog.com/jqimg2923fj

Party hard!!!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

FYI BYB, apparently the Mix at MB has no cover if you go there from 5-10 pm. Might also be another nice place to grab a cocktail and check out the sunset.

www.mandalaybay.com/dining/mixlounge.aspx

The VooDoo is definitely a great place to dance the night away though. Hope you have a blast! :)

10. Re: Ghost Bar vs. VooDoo Lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2010, 08:15