We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wal-mart

wales
Level Contributor
133 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
wal-mart

how much would a taxi cost from desert rose resort to wal-marts.thanks

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
16,048 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: wal-mart

wincie, you probably want to go to the one on Eastern rather than the one on East Tropicana. I'm assuming you're looking for groceries?

Anyway, I would say it'd be about $15 each way.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,295 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wal-mart

Why Wal Mart?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wal-mart

GoodBeer, they don't have Wal-Mart in Wales and it is a popular tourist attraction for the Welch.

Mentioned in this post
Wales
Wales
United Kingdom
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
370 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wal-mart

Being an Aussie I love Walmart too, I hailed a cab at the New York New York and got ripped off majorly we were charged $50.00, I will be back in August and I am planning to catch a bus.

nebraska
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: wal-mart

I love it Wallyworld as a tourist destination. Buy goods manufactured in China, for souvenirs.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
351 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wal-mart

The easiest and cheapest way to get to Walmart is by bus....the directions for our favourite three Walmarts nearest the strip as follows...(all details correct as of Sept 2009). Buses run every twenty minutes and are usually reliable. Taxis are OK for the outward journey (though probably very expensive) but next to impossible to get one for the return journey, no cab ranks at Walmarts. All bus stops are marked CAT.

EAST TROPICANA.. Very limited groceries/no liquor. Journey time about 15 minutes. Take bus no 201 from outside Tropicana / Hooters fare $1.75 ask the driver to set you down at Walmart, the bus stops right outside. All of the intersections that have a connecting bus service are announced, once EASTERN AVE has been announced the next intersection is McCleod (not announced, no bus service along here), ding the bell now and Walmart is just a few yards over the lights. (Bus stops are AFTER the intersections). To return to the strip cross the road (walk back to the lights to do this) and the stop is outside The Gun Store, the bus stop for the strip is over the intersection past MGM , outside NEW YORK NEW YORK.

EASTERN AVE SUPERSTORE.. For groceries/liqour etc.. Follow the above route but this time ask for a 24hr pass for $5 as you will be using four buses(this can be used on the strip for a small supplement payable when you get on). Alight at EASTERN AVE and catch bus no 110 going south towards the airport, again ask the driver to set you down at Walmart, the stop is right outside (return journey bus stop is almost opposite). Journey time less than five minutes.

Our favourite Walmart but not the nearest, (again no problem getting there), is on SOUTH RAINBOW BOULEVARD.

Take the DEUCE bus along the strip to THE FASHION SHOW MALL (I would recommend boarding outside Tropicana opposite Excalibur, much less busy). Buy a $7, 24 hr pass, get off bus at FASHION SHOW MALL, cross road via road bridge and wait for no 203 bus on SPRING MOUNTAIN ROAD, Fashion Show Mall will be behind you and Treasure Island will be facing you. Your $7 ticket will be valid on this bus too, also for the return. Again ask the driver to set you down at Walmart, the bus stops opposite, the return stop will be just above where you cross the road, by KRISPY CREME DONUTS. As you travel along SPRING MOUNTAIN RD, listen for the intersections with connecting bus services being announced. After JONES AVE (announced) the next one will be TORREY PINES (not announced), the next stop over the intersection (RAINBOW) will be your stop. We have always found the drivers to be helpful, however you will need the exact change for the fare. It would be wise to sit at the front of the bus so that you can see the intersections coming up. All of these Walmarts are surrounded by other stores and eateries, so maybe not instantly visible. If you overshoot your stop it is never very far to walk back, just ding the bell straight away for the next stop.

Hope this helps.....

Mentioned in this post
The Gun Store
The Gun Store
1,017 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
The Deuce
The Deuce
1,723 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
351 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wal-mart

See my reply for detailed instructions to reach Walmart by bus...what I forgot to mention was.....ask the driver for a TRANSIT GUIDE / BUS TIMETABLE AND MAP...it was priced 25c probably a little more now but very very good value. The pullout map in the back will show you all the bus routes around Las Vegas.

If the first driver doesn't have one try all the others it is really worth getting hold of one.

wales
Level Contributor
133 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wal-mart

Thank you all for your replies.Goodbeer, I asked for Wal Mart,because it is the only supermarket i know of in the US because it owns our Asda supermarkets here. Senora, I would like to thank you for taking the trouble to write your reply in so much detail it is most helpful.Thank you very much, I will take your advice.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,709 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wal-mart

Why Walmart?? Why not????

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,295 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: wal-mart

"Thank you all for your replies.Goodbeer, I asked for Wal Mart,because it is the only supermarket i know of in the US because it owns our Asda supermarkets here."

From Desert Rose you can save alot of cab fare by just going to the Vons Grocery Store on Maryland/Trop.

Mentioned in this post
Maryland
Maryland
United States