We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July in vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
645 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July in vegas

Are there any special happenings going on in Vegas for the 4th of July? Are they having fireworks? If so, when do they start? Thank you.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,438 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July in vegas

Of course there will be some sort of fireworks for July but as of now its too early... As far as special happenings probably not on the strip.

Events from 2009 and 2008

associatedcontent.com/article/…

vipnvegas.com/holidays/las-vegas-july-4th-we…

…squarespace.com/classic-las-vegas-blog/2008…

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July in vegas

Vegas doesn't do an over the top July Fourth- at least not compared to other major cities. . Here is what happened last year. Keep checking this site. Eventually, they will list this year's events:

reviewjournal.com/entertainment/…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July in vegas

I don't recall them having a Fourth of July celebration on the Strip most years. There was a firework display on the Strip one year, I think it was in 2006, but I don't recall one before or since. Well, I'd better take that back, there were fireworks at the Stratosphere several years.

It was over 100 degrees outside on the Fourth last year at 8:00 p.m.

4. Re: 4th of July in vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 21:35
Edited: 05 May 2010, 21:35
Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th of July in vegas

They used to have a fairly decent (for fireworks) local event- Red White and Boom- but even that was cancelled a few years ago.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
645 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4th of July in vegas

Thank you for your replies. I know at home we have a parade and then fireworks in a field with vendors selling burgers and hot dogs. I was thinking that Vegas had something like that.

Maple Grove...
Level Contributor
131 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4th of July in vegas

Some of the neighborhoods off the strip have fireworks - if you have a rental car it's more worth your while to head off strip and see some. 2 Years ago we stayed at Red Rock and they had some great fireworks on the 4th - not sure if they will still be doing it this year though.

8. Re: 4th of July in vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 04:16