We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest did something different!

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Southwest did something different!

For those of you who fly SW and are familiar with their scheduling, you know that they were currently showing flights through Oct.30th.

I had called and asked a rep when they would open the next set of dates and she told me on or about June 10th. This was the schedule I was waiting for because we wanted to fly out on 10/30 and return on 11/5.

Yesterday I was just browsing and pricing the Oct 30th fares and their site showed dates through Nov 5th!

I called and a rep told me that they just opened through that date which they don't usually do-usually it's a much broader timespan.

SO glad I checked! I ended up booking our trip! Flying our on 10/30 and returning Nov5th-using free flight award for the return trip(the more expensive leg and you can use award on 2 one-ways). Their webfare for 10/30 was $139! I had a $36 credit,so

we are both going for a grand total of $263 out of pocket for air!

I then called my host-got the suite comped for 6 nights with food-just waiting on the rental car.

Feeling great! From having NO trips booked to TWO trips booked (going 6/6 also-also comped) in just over a week!

Hope the new dates for SW help!

Janice

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest did something different!

Congrats....always pays to keep checking with any travel plans since we never know when deals will appear for us.

SWA must really have something against us since they haven't given us even one little DING to Vegas, so we have decided to drive if we go next month.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest did something different!

That's good news for you. Definately a lucky score. I appreciated the info. We're actually considering flying SW from an airport about 1.5 hrs away from home, but looking for weeks in mid-Nov. Now that I know SW has opened up some fall travel, I'll be on the lookout for my dates. Appreciate the post. Hope your luck continues. Have a great time in June and Nov. We're traveling to Vegas in June also.

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest did something different!

Ducky- SW never post DING fares from Long Island to Vegas any longer- they used to but haven't in ages. I'm thrilled that I got this fare.

Vadreamer- when in June?

J

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest did something different!

Lovin - June 24-30. How about you??

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest did something different!

Thanks for the info lovin. I am patiently waiting for Dec to open up, glad you checked and got the dates. I don't ever see any Dings from FL to Vegas, haven't since living here ( 2 years) . I am hoping the109 each way I am seeing for NS in Oct out of FLL are available in Dec. Have fun in June ladies!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest did something different!

Hey Teach. It's $139 NS up here. $109 is pretty darn good. Good luck.

Long Island,NY
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Southwest did something different!

June 6th-11th- Can't wait! One nice thing about booking it closer to departure date is that the countdown isn't so bad. We didn't know if we were going to make a June trip until last week- I just kept nagging DH until I wore him down-LOL

The Nov trip is the one he REALLY wants to do-SEMA!

J

Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Southwest did something different!

So happy for you.....thanks for the text yesterday..I was at the ear doc..so I could not respond quickly...

I am leaving Tues for VEGAS on Tues..YAHOO..

I have not found good air prices for fall when I will be seeing you in Vegas..

I want to leave on 10/30-11/4..from Boston and Prov..it is over $400 r/t...each..I paid $220..r/t for next w eek..not sure if the volcano ash is a factor for high airfare..but I am not happy...looking for August next ...7-11 August..then I will worry about Halloween..week..

that is so strange about SW..though...I may have to park my car at your house and fly out of Islip..LOL

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Southwest did something different!

THanks for the heads up! We are returning from a cruise on the 31st. I had booked the first leg for $109 each, and snagged the second on today for $129. Nice if it goes down I can get a credit.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
177 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Southwest did something different!

i m flyin to vegas from oct 30till nov 3 for four nights :)