We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

Los Angeles...
7 posts
Save Topic
Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

Just got back from my first trip to Vegas. Stayed at the Imperial Palace and was not impressed. My friend recommended it to me and I wish I would have found this place and reviews before I left. Only found this website when going to review an AWFUL hotel. It really ruined my first trip to Vegas to stay here.

Cons

- The place stunk like old gym shoes

- Deluxe Queen room was anything but. Way in the back of the hotel with elevators that must be run by turtles or very tiny mice. Broken furniture. Gum stuck to the wall in bathroom. Bedspread was FILTHY. Found a rancid french fry in the nightstand.

- Burger Palace...who named this place? NOT A PALACE more like a barn with bad service. YUCKY food and HIGH prices. Would have rather eaten at a soup kitchen. The patrons are probably better at a soup kitchen.

- Saw quite a few spiders around the place. Needs a big bug tent or possibly just bug spray. Don't even want to know what was in the kitchens

- Room service very slow 1 hour plus and the food was HORRIBLE. How do you screw up a club sandwich? And expect me to pay 12.50 for the privilege of eating particle board?

I paid a pretty penny for me and my friend to stay here and it was not the best idea I ever had. We spent a lot of time at Subway in O'Sheas so we didn't have to go in the Imperial Stinky Gross Palace. We really only laid our heads down there at night (we put paper towels we smuggled from the bathroom down on the pillows so we didn't get bed bugs.)

Oh and the toilet paper was beyond scratchy. Not good.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Los Angeles...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

I'd say it's a decent place to stay for college students, based both on price and location. Otherwise there are much better options for slightly more $$ located on the strip. I've stayed at IP 2-3 times in the past, but that's when I was in college with limited funds. Also stayed at Circus Circus, Excalibur, TI, and going to be staying at Aria this time around.

Sorry to hear your trip was disappointing, but next time you know to avoid IP!

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,449 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

Sorry it didn't work out. You shopped by price and you got what you paid for, an economy hotel at a cheap price. Many people like it, because they feel it is worth the money.

Next time you will know better, and pick a hotel that is better suited to you. That's what's great about Las Vegas, there is the right option for everyone.

Upstate, New York
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

And just what "pretty penny" did you pay to stay at the IP?

Boston
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

Yeah, you sounded possibly credible, until you said that.

Unless you meant an actual penny.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

I know how you feel. I stayed there and had blood-stained sheets but my stay at Circus Circus was worse - at least you stayed somewhere central. Did you like Vegas, though?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

Yes its bad-but How much did you pay?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

Wow; you must have felt quite strongly about it to join today just to post this!!

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

indeed, Dave....OP, how much did you pay to stay at the Eye Pee, and how much research did you do , besides the friend's advice, before you booked and went?

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

Troll...

2 posts...

"paid a pretty penny"--to stay at IP???? Not a chance...

Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Man the Imperial Palace stinks!

Bed bugs only bite your head?