We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

May 6-11

5 of us in total, myself and hubby (28 years old), his parents (50), and a friend (25)

Online check in.....was an adventure....

I checked in the day before online (as advised on this forum) to get our boarding numbers to try and get all of us sitting together.

My hubby thought having 2 screens open would save us time as there were 2 booking numbers and we wanted to try and get both done quickly to get the desired" A" category. Couting down the last second to hit the 24 hour mark we clciked the "check in" button and drummmm rolllll......A42 and 43 OHHH YEAH!!!

He then quickly went to the next page and checked in the 3 other members. Well this was a mistake as we did not print off our info, and our numbers were now given away to his parents and our friend. OOOPPSS. After figuring our what happened we finished off with them and re-entered our info to get A601 and B1. Oh well what can you do, leason learned for next time!

May 5th-

Waiting for my last day of work to end was like waiting for paint to dry!! I have been waiting for this vacations for months, trying to satisfy my Vegas crave by reading and posting on this forum. Thank God my boss told me I could take off an hour early so my vacation could beginn!!

We flew out of Buffalo (rather than my usual Toronto), so we stayed a night in Buffalo at the Clarion Airport loction ( to avoid any morning delays at the border).

The front desk clerk was extremely pleasant and helped us find dinner options in the area. He even went out of his way and called to get us on the waiting list as we got seattled in our room. It was an irish pub (can't remember the name) but he didn't steer us wrong! Good food and great atmoshpere (as it was Cinco de Mayo)

Went back to the room and crashed early as our flight went out at 8:00 am. WOOHOO

May 6th-

After a restless night due to being overexcitted, 5am rolled around and I woke up my husband and called the two other rooms with the rest of our group to give them their wake up calls :)

RISE AND SHINE!

We caught the first shuttle out of our hotel at 6am, as we have never flown from Buffalo and thought we better leave a little early.

We arrived at the airport and what a breeze!! Sooo much smaller and less busy than Toronto, why the heck didn't we do this sooner! Time flew and we were on our plane in no time! I must admit I wasn't sure what to expect with Southwest's boarding procedures, but it was definately quick and painless!! When we boarded the plane we were very pleased to see the amount of leg room, talk about luxury compared to some other airlines.

The onflight staff was fantastic, very friendly, attentive, and provided great service. 4 hours into the flight they decided to play games to pass the time. For example checking all hour bill notes for our flight number, and naming 10 body pasrts (clean ones) that consist of three letters....I bet some of you are now trying to think of all 10) Winners get a free drink. BONUS! (we didn't win, we were one body part shy)

Total flight time 5 hours 15 minutes, land in Vegas at 10:30 am Vegas time! Let the fun begin!!!

We take a taxi to the airport, 20.00 incl tip to Flamingo. Check in was fairly quick considering the line about 20 minutes. My father in law went and grabeed us some ice cold beers while we wated our turn to check in...after all we are on vcation and in vegas (it may be 10am here but its 1:00pm back home!! :))

They offered us all the option to upgrade to the "GO" room for 40.00 per night. Hubby and I thought about it after all the mixed comments about the regular rooms, but we decided to gamble early and take our chances.

Our rooms were not ready yet so we dropped our bags off at the baggage claim, and ventured to Ellis Island for the steak special!

I have been craving their root beer since last year, and our friend couldnot believe the food for the price. All our steaks were cooked perfectly and were very tender. I wasn't a fan of the beans but I didn't really have room for them anyway :)

After lunch we got a call from another group of friends that are in Vegas to catch up and hit up a happy hour! We met them at MGM near the lion habitat, and ventured to House of Blues at Mandalay for some drinks. We stuck around for a couple hours, and starting to feel very happy after 3 or 4 rounds of margaritas the 7 of us decided to venture onto another destination.

Up next an unexpected/ Uncensored stop at Coyotee Ugly...things could get a little messy!

uk
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

cliff hanger!! come on spill the beans....

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
693 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

Oh no! What a cliff hanger. Was it a wardrobe malfunction at Coyote Ugly? Was it the elevator outside Bills? Did the search and rescue find you in time?

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,016 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

Is this the same trip as the TR titled Flamingo . . . ?

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

Don't leave us hanging with that tease......................

ontario
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

If everyonee could please review my original forum TR -Flamingo-Couthwest 5 days 4 nights, as i accidentally posted this forum thinking the other did not post correctly.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

Waiting....................

ontario
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k3624506…

Here is the link for the TR....

I had accidentally opened 2 reports thinking one did not process properly. To see the continuation click on the link.

Sorry for the confusion.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

I read your other report, but I must have missed the elevator mishap?

ontario
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

Here is the mishap.....

We hit the set of elevators that are in 2 groups one set of 4 and one set of 8. We always took the elvators in the set of 4 (which goes down to the basement before you go up), so we decided to use one in the set of 8. Up we go 15th floor. Perfect dooors open we look around, and once again are lost. We look at the signs pointing to the sets of room numbers. We were 10050, we look for our sign with our corresponding room number range, and are astonished as the arrow for our room number is pointing downward....we are now completely puzzled. We know we are on the 15th floor so we didn't understand why we have to go down?!? So we decided that pehaps we can't use that set of elevators and go back down to the main floor, and go up the set of 4 elevartors and finally make it back to our rooms. The three of us knowing laughing at the night we just had, and pretty tired out as it is not 2am vegas time (5am home time)..

We explained to the other members of the party the next day about our adventure we had off stripping and with the elevators.

The two of them laughed and asked how much we had to drink, and insisted we cxould use those elevators as well as the ones we normally use. so we were up for the challange.

Up we went to the 15th floor to prove the other two that the sing points down to get to our room numbers (meaning go down and use the other elevators). The door opens we poihjt to the sign "HA, told ya" , they laugh turn around and point to the hallways enterance beside the elevators we came out of...which apparhently would of lead us to our room numbers....note for next time down means turn around, not go down.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR- Coyote Ugly unsensored, elevator mishap, lost in vegas.

LOL about the elevator mishap! Sometimes, those elevators CAN be very confusing!!LOL!