We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great band on fri 12/2...

new orleans
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Great band on fri 12/2...

The Spazmatics are playing at House of Blues this Friday. I saw them in Dallas and they were a BLAST. Good 80's retro...when I saw them they closed with a Violent Femmes medley of 4 different songs. Not something you see everyday! We leave for LV on Friday and are going for sure!

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,625 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,112 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
403 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
new orleans
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Great band on fri 12/2...

Oops...AOL city guide is wrong. No Spazmatics at HOB. So sad! Sorry for the incorrect info!

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great band on fri 12/2...

"Good 80's retro?"

That's an oxymoron. There is no such thing as "good retro" about a decade of BAD music.

On the other hand, you can find tons of GREAT music that was performed in the 15 year period between 1963 and 1978 (Basically the first Beatles album thru the first Van Halen album).

new orleans
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Great band on fri 12/2...

I would have been disappointed if I didn't get one sarcastic comment!I am waiting for one from vegasman,too.

By "good" 80's retro, I was referring to the Clash, Blondie, Violent Femmes and random one-hit wonders like ABC. All would be considered more alternative...certainly not big hair rock or pop. You know deep down in you big black soul that "Shoot that poison arrow through my heart" could be really fun with the right band playing it. This band spoofs themselves, too...google spazmatics...they know they are funny.

I agree with you, as a music lover, that the time you mentioned was awesome for music...but "good" music did exist in the 80's and 90's...it was just playing on college radio stations.

If this band DOES come to Vegas, you really should open up those horizons and give it a try...you just may have a good time!

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great band on fri 12/2...

I am sarcastic about a lot of topics here, EXCEPT good music, especially Rock n Roll or Blues. The only truly great artist in that realm since 1980 IMO was Stevie Ray Vaughan, RIP.

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great band on fri 12/2...

Who the &%)W(_+ is Stella? And why should I waste my fingers on giving her a sarcastic comment? Good enough, or do you want more?

Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Great band on fri 12/2...

VM, I'm surprised you didn't direct her to Purple Reign. Granted, it's not sarcasm, but it's at least a plug for retro Prince :)

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great band on fri 12/2...

"If this band DOES come to Vegas, you really should open up those horizons"

OK, but only if you can GARONTEE me that they will be as good as the last two concerts in Las Vegas I bought tickets to.

1. Wayne Newton

2. THE WHO (Why did they cancel that show, JUST because The Ox dropped dead?) RIP JE...