We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

If I request an updated room upon check-in do you think there is anyway they would upgrade for free? Or def. charge? Or, is it just the luck of the draw? Any advice is appreciated--we have booked a standard room with a US Airways vacation package--THANKS!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
922 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

You would need to let them know what you want to upgrade too. It is really hit and miss but they would try to get you a view room if it is avaiable. If it is a weekend forget it.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

Well, some people say that the $20 bill trick worked at Paris in the past. From reading recent trip reports, it seems like they are not offering free upgrades anymore. Now, they offer you a $55/night upgrade. This gets you a room with a Strip view on a higher floor. You also get free continental breakfast, 2 alcoholic drinks per day, and appetizers from 5-8 pm each night.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,438 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

Paris is very hard to get free up-grades with.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

My friend and I stayed at Paris in mid-December, one of the slowest weeks of the year in Vegas. We had booked a Luxury Room comped and asked at check-in for an upgrade to a Red Room. We were told we'd have to pay if we wanted any kind of upgrade.

We stuck with the free Luxury Room, and it was fine.

Knoxville, Tn
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

Bump

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

Thanks for the input. I may smile real big and ask--but I am prepared to be happy with my Luxury room! I will embrace my cheapness :)

ohio
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

We stay at Paris every year. Were platinum players and drop quite a bit of money at the machines.

We get comped rooms but they will not upgrade us for free. We now just get the basic room . We used to get P rooms comped but even though our play is the same the offers on rooms have gone down to the basic one. I ask for an upgrade each time and their reply is for a fee.

It is hard to get an upgrade at Paris for free.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

We are checking in next Sunday for a week. While I might be interested in the upgrade $55 for a night, I couldn't possibly do that every night. We did get a free upgrade to a Volcano view at the Mirage several years ago as our first room had a beautiful view of the dumpsters below.

I will call this week anyway and get particulars and confirm non-smoking room and check on a coffee maker. Is there a charge if they can locate one.

South Pole
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

If you are a Diamond card holder and check into the Diamond check-in, they may have the ability to upgrade you because the host sits in that room. But we are both Diamond and 2 years in a row have asked but only got an offer to upgrade for a charge per night "unless you want to ask the host over there"....

But ya never know, your mileage may vary as they say...

Bob

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,528 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Free Upgrade at Paris? Truth or Myth...

Unless you are a big player, unlikely to get a free upgrade.