We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stripsteak no longer on Restaurant.com

Northern Cal
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Stripsteak no longer on Restaurant.com

I just noticed this morning that Stripsteak is no longer listed on Restaurant.com. I hope they will continue to redeem the certificates for those who have already bought them. As I know sometimes when restaurants stop selling them, they no longer honor the certificates anymore.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,335 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stripsteak no longer on Restaurant.com

I doubt that is true. The certificate says it is good for a year.

Cornwall, New York
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stripsteak no longer on Restaurant.com

It's the end of the month, they might just be sold out for the month.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stripsteak no longer on Restaurant.com

If you are worried- you can always call them in advance and ask if they are still accepting them. I don't think it will be a problem.

Texas
Level Contributor
500 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stripsteak no longer on Restaurant.com

When they are sold out they still have the restaurant shown but have the options to buy grayed out along with a "sold out" posting.

If all goes well, i will be there next week and be able to find out first hand. Of couse one can simply call the restaurant to find out. To me, not being able to use the certificate will not deter me from going to the restaurant. It was simply a bonus.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stripsteak no longer on Restaurant.com

If someone does find out Stripsteak no longer accepts the certificates, they should notify restaurant.com via their customer service and an e-mail will be sent to all holding the certificates giving them the information and offering an exchange. We had one restaurant in our town close and that is what happened. It's one reason restaurant.com keeps a link of everyone who has bought a certificate and the serial number of it- I was able to make an exchannge with no delay.

I have found though , that a few restaurants stop selling them when they have become popular enough not to need to anymore, but still graciously honor any brought in - that has also been my experience here locally Sometimes they sell just to get their name "out there" which I must say seems to have worked for Stripsteak judging from many comments here..

Texas
Level Contributor
500 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stripsteak no longer on Restaurant.com

When I called to make reservations the lady confirmed "that if not expired, they will accept the gift certificate".

The waiter had no trouble accepting the gift certificate either and this was last night.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Stripsteak no longer on Restaurant.com

I certainly hope they will accept mine in September! I got the $50 one, and even though I got it at 80% off, I want to use it!

8. Re: Stripsteak no longer on Restaurant.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 08:18