We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

richard petty driving experience

long island
Level Contributor
483 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
richard petty driving experience

The next time I am in Las Vegas I was thinking of doing this driving experience. The one that you drive the car yourself following the instructor in the lead car. Has any one done this recently and what was your opinion? Are there any discounts available for it/

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: richard petty driving experience

My husband did it in 2007 and he loved it, I sat and watched and that was even fun. Can't help with discounts etc but if you can afford it (as it wasn't cheap then and the £ to $ rate was way better then)

loveland, co
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: richard petty driving experience

Dh has done it twice. The ride along is nice to do first so you get a feel of the track. We are going out this year just to watch. Can't afford it this time.

The only discount I know of, is after you do a drive, you can get your next drive within a year, half price.

Well worth it. Don't forget to get pictures.

Search on Richard Petty driving experience in the forum and you will get linked to other threads on it.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
28 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: richard petty driving experience

As a lover of go-fast toys I participated in the Mario Andretti driving school twice. I fully enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys the adrenalin rush afforded by fast vehicles. Instructors will lead as slow as the student feels comfortable with, or as fast up to ~145 mph. It was a great open wheel race car experience and I would expect similar enjoyment from the Richard Petty driving experience. If you enjoy speed, you will have fun! -- from 1800cVTX/SRT8 guy

Edited: 31 May 2010, 20:46
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,023 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: richard petty driving experience

Do you have to climb in the window of the car?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: richard petty driving experience

DH did the ride along to get warmed up. Then he did the driving experience and topped 165 mph. He said it was awesome!!!

loveland, co
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: richard petty driving experience

Yes you climb in the window. They show you how.

Charlotte, NC
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: richard petty driving experience

There is a current promotion going on for Father's Day, I found it at: drivepetty.com/promos/Blast_B7C15A6B-85D2-43…

Boston
Level Contributor
24,607 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: richard petty driving experience

I have not, close friend and his Son done it and loved it, I personally thought they were nuts once I found out what it cost.

loveland, co
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: richard petty driving experience

That's a great special they are offering now. Hope the time frame works for you.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: richard petty driving experience

There are no doors, just the window. That is half the fun. I did the ride along at Disney World and it was pretty fun although expensive for the short duration. I would do it again at another track for sure.